Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Derby Doo-Dah

This afternoon, I went to a Kentucky Derby watch party at my friend Kristen's house. It was so cute and charming! Kristen works with me at cs2 in the account service department, and I like her very much. :)

IMG_4602
 
We had sweet tea, lemonade, and a special drink that Kristen called Derby Doo-Dah. Yum.
 
IMG_4603

Anything in a Mason Jar is good!!

IMG_4604

In the spirit of the Derby race, there were horses on the scene.

IMG_4605


IMG_4606

The spread!

IMG_4607

This is what I brought. I will be posting the recipe for those cheese truffles next!

IMG_4609

Claire, also from cs2, with Kristen, the host!

Big hats were an important part of this party!

IMG_4611

Kristen with her friend, Linea. Racing time!

IMG_4612

Claire and I pony up!

IMG_4613

Some of the gals in hats!

We were worried we would miss the actual derby on TV because of all the tornado/weather warnings that were interrupting things. The weather has been downright crazy here this weekend.

IMG_4614

The race was very exciting. Did you watch it!? It was a mud fest for those poor horseys, but they all made it! Glad none of them fell and got hurt.

Let's pause for a deep thought:
Horse races, to me, are one of the most unique sports out there....because it's not just up to the strength of a man to win the race. It also depends on the animal. It's just fascinating to watch both of them try to win the race together!

If you get the chance to go to a horse race, do it! Arkansas has a great track in Hot Springs....

IMG_4617

The stick horses were quite popular.


IMG_4620

IMG_4623

Claire and Kristin made a race lap around her house. Very funny!

IMG_4625

The brown horse wins!!

Wait, they're both brown.

IMG_4627

Hugs and kisses from my Saturday to yours! 


We are getting ready to go to sleep. I actually had to pause during this blog post to go and get in the closet for fear of a tornado. There was a bad storm ripping through the East Arkansas/Memphis area tonight. It was scary. Sirens. Hail. Wind. Luckily, no tornado in our neighborhood. 


Hope my friends in the South are all safe and sound!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Such a cute party! Glad there were no tornadoes around y'all!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)