Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Weekend Update

Well, my friend cup is full! Our weekend in Little Rock has been great. The weather has been perfect and we got to see just about everyone we've been missing.

On Friday, Keith and I headed straight to dinner with the Strothers at Ya-Yas in Little Rock. We love double dating with them. It's one of our favorite things to do. We pretty much miss them all the time, so we have to get our QT in! No photos of this, too busy catching up and laughing. Afterward, we caught Date Night, the movie, with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. It was hilarious!!! Us married folk thought it was really funny! Go see it!


On Saturday, Jessica and I had a girl's day with nails and shopping:

IMG_4155
{at Jasmine's in Little Rock}

IMG_4157
{we love pedicures!}

IMG_4158
{this place is nice, they serve wine while you get pampered}

IMG_4159

IMG_4153

{we left with happy feet}



Saturday afternoon, I went to Elizabeth's 2nd birthday party. She is one cute little tot! I love her to pieces. The party was fun, fun, fun. Here are the pics:


IMG_4160
{look at that pile of presents!}

IMG_4162
{yummy cupcakes from mickey's; they did our wedding cake ;) mmmmmm}

IMG_4169
{cute cuz Colin, love little freckles!}

IMG_4166
{hello, elizabeth. happy birthday, babe}

IMG_4167
{seriously so cute}

IMG_4168
{those curls. sigh}

IMG_4174
{time for presents! this part was a little overwhelming, too much to see and play with!}

IMG_4179
{dear e, it's very hard to take pictures of you because you're such a busy little body, but that's okay}

IMG_4185
{one of my favorite pictures}

IMG_4186
{or maybe this one is my favorite?}

IMG_4187
{elizabeth really likes my dad, he goofs with her}

IMG_4193
{her stylin' sunglasses}

IMG_4199
{her favorite gift was the guitar my parents gave her. she loved it. keith and i got her a microphone that you can record your voice with. now she can jam out.}

IMG_4192
{little e was the center of attention}

IMG_4204
{dad tried to steal her kisses}

IMG_4208
{she likes to play a snapping game with her eyes closed}

IMG_4211
{and she also loved my colorful necklace. one day, e, you'll love jewelry too, i bet}

Elizabeth's birthday party was fun times. She was such a happy birthday girl. Sweet, sweet.
Happy birthday also to my Dad! We didn't forget about him. He got his spoilings and a few rounds of golf in this weekend. 




Next on the agenda was a backyard party at Whitney and Joanna's house. All of our peeps were there. I was very excited about seeing all of these fine, lovely people.

IMG_4212
{girls! lauren, alexis, the jessicas in back and whitney and i up front}

IMG_4213
{keith and kyle shadid. good, good men}

IMG_4215
{the best man in our life, clint}

IMG_4217
{miss jordan and miss joanna}

IMG_4218
{getting cozy with jessica's man, brandon}

IMG_4219
{jessica lost at flip cup and was mad}

IMG_4223
{jess and brandon, two wild and crazy kids}

IMG_4225
{thanks for one normal pic}

IMG_4222
{oh, funny! corn picked me up and he and brandon tried to steal kisses. jess didn't like so much}

IMG_4221
{oh how i miss you, brother corn, and your witty witty ways}

IMG_4220
{friends in blue: tyler, brandon, keith, client}

IMG_4228
{my supermodel friend, she makes me feel shrimpy}

IMG_4229
{keith and brandon, sweet boys}


Dear Alexis, I loved our good long talks at the parteeee. It was pure heaven to be chatting with you, friend.

To end the night, we had a slumber party at the Strother's house. We could have stayed with my parents, but we've seen them lots over the last month, so sorry Mom and Dad! This was friend weekend!

We loved being the Strother's house guests. They were good, good hosts.

IMG_4232
{in fact, lee made us omelets for breakfast}

IMG_4231
{he was very good at it and flipped them up in the air, too}

Dear Strothers, we will be slumbering at your home again. You make good breakfasts.
Plus we love, love, love you. And miss you.


To top it all off, my grandparents came over to my 'rents house today for lunch. So, we really saw everyone! Good times. I'm currently watching The Masters with Mom while my hubs and Dad play golf. We won't get home until late tonight. That's okay. Glad the boys are out enjoying the weather.


Hope you all had wonderful weekends, too.

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Alexis Anderson said...

Love it! Thanks for the shout out :) I had a blast catching up with you as well! Enjoy the rest of your day and travel safely. XOXO

Jamie said...

Cute pics! Looks like y'all had a fun weekend :)

LWLH said...

Looks like a fab weekend....you were the busy body! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)