Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Easter 2010

I am counting my Easter blessings today! Among many things are my loving husband, strong family, great friends, my health, a good job, our home, delicious food and fellowship.

My Mom and Dad came to us for the holiday! After being in Chicago last weekend, Keith's big test, and after being in Atlanta this week for work, we were ready for some no-travel time. Here are photos of our {relaxing} weekend at home:

IMG_4054
 {eggs! a tradition}

IMG_4055
{mom and i tried to be crafty this time with our eggs. so, before dying, we stuck on scrapbook stickers, or strips of tape. the only letters i had on hand were small, so next year we know to buy some bigger ones.}
IMG_4061
{i think they're pretty cute}

IMG_4058
{used cut pieces of tape}

IMG_4049
{p for penny}

IMG_4050
{mom made the crazy xoxo pattern for kyle and dipped it in orange}

IMG_4063
{i also picked up a lovely easter lilly}

{p.s. the cute ceramic egg crate came from anthropologie, which we now have in memphis! yippee!}


IMG_4062
{gorgeous, pure, white lilly}

IMG_4064
{this was saturday. dad was snoozing. mom and i were cooking}

We made lots of fabulous food, and I have a few recipes to share! Now, on to Easter Sunday. It was a glorious day! I was honored to host Easter lunch at our house and had been excited for a while! Here are the pics:

IMG_4141
{me and the hubs in our easter egg clothes :)  }

IMG_4144
{me and the hubs take 2}

IMG_4112
{keith's mom, penny, and sister, meagan}

Photos of the feast are below. Disclaimer: these do not fall under my new 'healthy eating' plan. But, it's Easter and we have our traditions. So, I indulged. Naturally.

IMG_4113
{part of our feast, which included tomato wildwood, carrot souffle, garlic mashed potatoes, squash casserole....}

IMG_4114
{....stuffed mushrooms and green bean bundles, a bollen family favorite!}


IMG_4118
{a fantastic honey baked ham}

IMG_4111
{deviled eggs. not just any ol' kind either. more on that later}

IMG_4134
{homemade carrot cake}



IMG_4130
{keith's brother ryan, and his cute girlfriend, shelby. we like her very much}


IMG_4132
{the crew at the 'young adult' table, as we called it!}

IMG_4122
{the grown up table.
from left: keith's mom, penny; shelby's mother, terry; keith's dad, bob; my mom, jan; and my dad, lindy}

IMG_4125
{happy easter, mom and dad! they hadn't been here since new year's, so they were long overdue for a visit!}


IMG_4127
{my mom and mr bob}

IMG_4126
{penny and terry}

IMG_4128
{my dad is that kid that plays with the centerpiece}

IMG_4148
{mom and i with ryan. the best 16 year old i know!}

IMG_4133
{happy easter from the joneses!}



1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

I love your eggs...SO cute! Looks like y'all had a very happy Easter :)

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Those eggs are awesome! Great idea on the letters! And I really like your Easter lunch set-up, the presentation on everything looked so nice.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)