(side note: these pics were taken with my Dad's new camera, a Canon Rebel. I'm totally jealous and want a better camera..... good thing I have a birthday coming up! :)
Patriotic Cupcakes
Up close and yummy!!
The Jones' fireworks stash
My parents came into town and then our couple friends from dental school: the Siscos and the Blockleys came over, too.
Over the summer break, the Siscos made a game set for "bag-o" or "corn-hole", as some call it! I had never played, and it's actually takes a lot of skill. I was awful. But, I will improve over time, I hope.
The goal of the game is to get as many bags of corn into the hole as possible, but you also earn points for getting it on the board. Travis knew all of the 'official' rules. Apparently it's a legit sport??
Even Mom gave it a shot
Our delish 4th food! Burgers, Boston Butt Barbeque, Corn, Special Baked Beans (I'll share this recipe soon, soooo good!), Chinese Slaw Salad, and we also had Blackberry Cobbler, too. This is an amazing recipe that I promise to give you in due time!
Our master pyrotechie!
We had much better displays than this one, but it was hard to take pictures of them :)
Kendall, Kayla, Tara
The Siscos
The Blockleys
The Joneses
We had a nice celebration with friends and family, and even more, we're thankful for our freedoms on Independence Day!!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)