
I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Or what I would write about. Or who in the heck would read it.
I wasn't blog savvy. I never thought I had writing skills or that I was even all that funny.
But, this blog has taught me a lot about myself! It's been a great way to keep up with our lives, my friends and family. It's been fun to document our first year of marriage, too.
I don't keep journals. I don't scrapbook. But, this blog is both of those things and it's easier to do and more fun to read for others, I'm sure.
And 187 posts later, it's still going strong!
I think the more I blog, the better I'll get. And though sometimes I wonder what in the world I'll write about...and occasionally "update the dern blog" is on my to-do list... I'm still finding it to be one of my favorite hobbies!
I do it because I love it, not because I want it to appear that the Joneses have a "perfect life." News flash: we don't. We bicker like married people do. I don't always have a delicious dinner on the table. School is sometimes miserable (for both of us). And life can be messy, stressful, sad, happy, beautiful, and crazy. But, we're so blessed. And so happy!!
So, I'm happy to share some happiness (and other emotions, too) with you, one post at a time.
It makes me feel SO good when you tell me you read it, so let me know if you're out there! And Happy 1 Year Blogiversary to me. Yes, it's a real thing that people celebrate. Who knew!! And maybe, by now, I can classify myself as blog savvy :)
-Kendall
P.S. no, I didn't make myself a cake. I found an image of someone else's. we've been on dessert overload lately, otherwise I probably would have!







3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Well, if I was blog savvy myself, I would find one of those blogiversary awards and send it to you!
I think you are doing an excellent job at this blog stuff,..But I'm warning ya,..Abby calls blogs a "MySpace" for old people. :)
But I tell her that Kendall keeps things young and hip so it's NOT always for just old people!
For my first year blogiversary and Christmas present, Ralph bought me a blog-person to come in and re-do my blog's appearance! It was SO fun.
Dear friend, keep writing and do it for yourself and no one else!
Love,
Becky
Woohoo! Congrats! :) Isn't it amazing? The whole crazy blog thing? I'm totally and completely with you. When I started I had no idea. Now, I can't imagine the days without it. So many wonderful people, amazing talents, inspiring ideas, and kickin' pictures of deserts. :)
Keep on rockin' it! Cheers to many more years!
Congratulations! One year is a big accomplishment! I just found your blog and saw you are linked to my site! What a coincidence!!! I just changed the name so feel free to update it! I love your header pic -- it's so cute. Great to meet another Kendall!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)