I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I feel like we've been in a whirlwind after returning from Hawaii. But, it's been so wonderful!
I worked on Monday and Tuesday and ran errands every free second I had. By 2:30 am on Wednesday, I finally had all my presents wrapped. I've never been so behind on my Christmas preparations! My parents came to our house that afternoon and joined the entire Jones family as we went to dinner in Memphis at Houston's restaurant. It was a great time! That night, we opened gifts at my in-laws house and, as always, Penny went overboard with gifts :) She's too sweet!
Christmas morning was very special for Keith and I- a first for us as Mr and Mrs! We prepared a special brunch for my parents and his family (I'll post a delicious recipe for "orange pecan french toast" later). We opened presents and hung out in our pajamas all morning.
Keith got me a beautiful ornament that has our names on it and "2008 First Christmas". It's gorgeous- just perfect! He also gave me money to buy a piece of art for our living room. I've been wanting to buy it since September :)
I got him a new golf driver that he had been waiting to buy, too. It was really special all around- I'll add the pictures tomorrow.
On Friday and Saturday, we were in Hot Springs for Stacia and Chris' wedding weekend. It was so nice to see my Tridelt girls- I've missed them so much! Everything was beautiful- just a winter wonderland! Despite the stormy weather and stomach virus that went around the group, it all worked out! The groomsmen were so impressive in their military uniforms, too. And best of all, Stacia married the man she loves!
Today, I went to Whitney's house for our annual ornament exchange. It is a tradition for Whit, Joanna, Jess, Lauren, Jeni, and I to have this with Shelly Jones, our high school small-group bible study leader. She's like a second mom to us! This was the perfect finishing touch to a busy week. I hadn't seen the girls since Thanksgiving, so it was great to catch up- and finally see Lauren's ring!!
Well, now it's back to reality- and I have to work Monday-Wednesday. I've really enjoyed having this time off and I'm looking forward to a 4 day weekend ahead... I'll post some pictures and other things in the next few days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)