Happy Friday! In lieu of my (sometimes) regular Wine Friday post, I'm participating in a really fun Linky Party! One of my favorite blogs, 33 Shades of Green, is hosting a Kitchen Favorites Party today.
I've been meaning to do a post about some of my favorite kitchen gadgets for a long time now. As many of my friends have been planning weddings and setting up registries, I've thought that this would be a really handy list to have if you were starting out! So, great idea, Alissa! Here are my Top 12 favorite kitchen gadgets that I look forward to using and get the most help from:
There is a big difference in fresh-ground salt and pepper and the regular stuff. These are really fun to use and ours even light up. My parents get a kick out of them! They are from Williams-Sonoma.
I LOVE THIS. I have fresh herbs in the warmer months and love this gadget. It's dishwasher safe and is very convenient when you need a large amount of chopped herbs.
I am a recent addict of this nut chopper. My mother-in-law grabbed me one from a Williams-Sonoma outlet sale and I thought "I'll never use that." Well, I was wrong. It is so handy and has a fine or coarse grind option. I am a big fan!
I remember registering for this and my mother saying something like "oh, you don't really need that." Well, I have grown to adore this classic contraption. When making an apple pie, or my Taffy Apple Pizza, this is a huge time-saver and is just plain FUN to use. I get excited when I have an excuse to pull this out of the cabinet!
This is another prep tool that I like. We love avocados in the summer and the slicing end of this tool is great. It leaves nothing to waste!
I am a strawberry fanatic. I can't get enough of them. They are my absolute favorite food! When I saw this set at a store, I had to have it. The pitter has become my favorite tool. It hulls the top out so easily, and wastes less than just chopping the top off with a knife.
An immersion blender is a MUST. I repeat, a MUST. I also get excited when I get to use this gadget. I love to make this salad dressing, and it's really handy for soups.
Pampered Chef Coating Trays
I am a big fan of breaded things. These coating trays make it easy for dredging and it all goes into the dishwasher afterwards. Bowls are not always the best for dredging and these are just perfect.
I am a big fan of breaded things. These coating trays make it easy for dredging and it all goes into the dishwasher afterwards. Bowls are not always the best for dredging and these are just perfect.
Calphalon Multi-Pot
We are big pasta lovers in our house. This multi pot is super convenient for cooking and draining pasta. It also has a top steamer basket that I use for broccoli and other vegetables. Second to my skillets, this is the piece of cookware I reach for the most.
We are big pasta lovers in our house. This multi pot is super convenient for cooking and draining pasta. It also has a top steamer basket that I use for broccoli and other vegetables. Second to my skillets, this is the piece of cookware I reach for the most.
Grill Pan
A grill pan is a gal's best friend if you don't want to use a full grill. My husband is great about firing up the grill, but sometimes we only want to grill one thing, or the weather is cold. I love the convenience of this item and the clean-up is a breeze.
A grill pan is a gal's best friend if you don't want to use a full grill. My husband is great about firing up the grill, but sometimes we only want to grill one thing, or the weather is cold. I love the convenience of this item and the clean-up is a breeze.
Pampered Chef Baking Stone
Every kitchen needs a good, seasoned baking stone. I really like the line that Pampered Chef has. It is great for pizzas and cookies, among other things.
Every kitchen needs a good, seasoned baking stone. I really like the line that Pampered Chef has. It is great for pizzas and cookies, among other things.
Herb Keeper
When I'm not growing my own herbs in the warm months, I want the get the longest life out of purchased herbs. This little item keeps them fresh for as long as possible in the fridge.
I hope you have enjoyed my Top 12 round-up! I'm all about items that make life in the kitchen easier and these products have become favorites of mine. I could also easily do a Top 12 list of pieces that I've found to be totally useless :) Maybe I'll do that post soon, too!
Now - head on over to the Linky Party for more ideas!
Have a great weekend!!
When I'm not growing my own herbs in the warm months, I want the get the longest life out of purchased herbs. This little item keeps them fresh for as long as possible in the fridge.
I hope you have enjoyed my Top 12 round-up! I'm all about items that make life in the kitchen easier and these products have become favorites of mine. I could also easily do a Top 12 list of pieces that I've found to be totally useless :) Maybe I'll do that post soon, too!
Now - head on over to the Linky Party for more ideas!
Have a great weekend!!







9 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Thanks for sharing. I'm asking for that exact immersion blender for the holidays. I hope I get it! :)
I am intrigued by the dredging trays. Those will be a great gift for my husband! Thanks for sharing.
Kendall - this is such an awesome list! I don't have ANY of them except for the PC pizza stone. My Christmas list just got a whole lot longer. I think I definitely need the nut chopper and the herb mill.
Thank you so much for linking up! Have a great weekend.
Alissa
I have been looking for an herb keeper and I really like that one! Cute blog!
What a great list! I'm going to have to invest in a herb chopper! I love my immersion blender too! Its like a blender and mixer combined into one!
PS I bought the herb mill! Thanks for the inspiration!
I love so many of your items! I want an herb mill!
I'm with you on the apple peeler... we LOVE ours and use it so often.
I love cooking utensils are very practical and beautiful
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)