Confession: I have a weakness for cookies.
MMMMMMMM. These cookies are good. Addictingly good.
We are getting ready to go on vacation in a couple of days and I've been busy making lots of goodies for us to take! Here's a cookie recipe that's sure to make you happy:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups uncooked regular oats
1 (11.5) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels, or chunks
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper*. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
*I didn't have parchment paper and just sprayed Pam on cookie sheets and they were fine.







4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
My hubby LOVES oatmeal cookies. And with Chocolate?! YUM! I can't wait to try these. :)
Ahhh, I'm so hungry right now, and these look sooo good. What's the consistency like on them when they're done? Are they a chewy type or more crispy? I mean I'll like 'em either way, just curious!
These sound so yummy. I am going to make them tomorrow with my boys. These will also be great for our upcoming 24 hour road trip. You have great recipes Kendall, thank you for posting them, I'm going to see what else I can make for the road trip so that we aren't eating out all the time. Thanks!
I will be making these next week! They look delicious!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)