I have an untapped talent, apparently.
We spent the weekend in North Little Rock with my parents, and enjoyed lots of quality time and good food at their house. On Saturday, we grilled out on their nice new deck (more on that later). While the steaks were cooking, Keith found my brother's old BB gun and started playing around with it.
He set up a couple of targets for himself in the yard:
See the plastic jug on the left and the small item in the back? That's a leaf taped to a little post.
Well, I had never shot a BB gun before and it looked pretty easy to handle. My only prior experience shooting anything was with Keith's handgun when he taught me how to use it last Spring.
Well, I quickly discovered that a BB gun is much more fun to shoot with. And I am DARN GOOD at it, too! I hit every target Keith set up, and on the first try, too!
Hole straight through the leaf! We were shooting 20 yards away, too :)
The next, more difficult target, was a paper plate with a chick on it. We set this all the way up against the fence, and the ultimate goal was not just to hit the plate, but to hit the chick. I did it on the second try! Woooohoo!!
That takes mad skillz, yo.
The last, and most challenging, round was a moving target. A Coke can on a string served this purpose. Dad set it swinging and we took our shots!
After a couple of tries, Keith landed one right through the middle.
And on my turn, Dad started swinging it, and I got ready to fire. Keith said, "let it die down a little bit first." BOOOM! I ignored him, shot it right then and I hit the can! I did such a big victory dance!!
Right through the side of it. I was feeling pretty awesome!!
So, Keith is really proud of my new-found skill and is hoping I'm a good shot when it comes to hunting. We'll see about that!
Next step: getting me license to shoot :) Maybe that will be my anniversary present? Hah!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)