Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Springtime in Idaho

Hi friends! I am sorry for my lack of blogging over the past week. I did enjoy being away from my computer for a bit, but most of all, I enjoyed visiting my sister and brother-in-law!

IMG_4856

I've been up, way up, in lovely, sleepy Moscow, Idaho.

Welcom to Moscow, Idaho
{flickr credit - Ryan McGinty}


I was in Denver, Colorado last week for work, and Mom had planned to go visit my sister this weekend, so it worked out perfectly for me to join her since I was already halfway there!



Hint of Green
{flickr credit - Ryan McGinty}

Country Road
{flickr credit - Roger Lynn}



My sister's house is very cute and charming. Cozy and sunny...

IMG_4839

My sweet Dad sent flowers ahead of time for his 'girls'. How thoughtful!

IMG_4692

The weather in Idaho was great. Crisp spring air, lots of green. Lots of flowers.

And bunnies in the front yard :)

IMG_4711

Sweet, little bunny. 
Staring at me on the other side of the window.

IMG_4713

Jen and Jerry have a great little nest, with a kick-butt garden started in the back.

IMG_4735

I am jealous of all the things that will be growing here soon...

IMG_4737


The neighborhood was blooming with tulips. They were everywhere!

IMG_4780


IMG_4787

IMG_4789

IMG_4790

IMG_4792

I LOVED this little house's side yard, slope thing. Gorgeous!

IMG_4797

IMG_4804

IMG_4805

My older sis is so cute, she looks like she could be my younger sis.



IMG_4798

And just right around the corner, in Moscow, Idaho, was a house flying a Razorback flag. 
How random!



What else did we do? Bummed around!
We went to this awesome store called Tri State....


It was a delightful blend of a Bed, Bath & Beyond, Ace Hardware and a Bass Pro Shop.

IMG_4702

I wanted one of each of these colorful delights.


IMG_4701


IMG_4703

There were funky little gadgets in there. Using a orange man as a spreader would be so bizarre...right?

IMG_4704

Colors, colors colors!

IMG_4699

My sister with 2 items every cook needs:
Onion goggles....and...

IMG_4696

....a ravioli rolling pin.

Necessities, people!! Necessities!



IMG_4767

We also picked up a b-e-a-utiful windchime for the sis.



What ELSE did we do on our lazy weekend?
ATE LIKE KINGS! We cooked up all kinds of deliciousness.

IMG_4706

A whole bunch of strawberries!

IMG_4708

In the dehydrator......

IMG_4741

....equals the best snack ever!

IMG_4743

A very addicting treat!

IMG_4746

Mom made blackberry cobbler with these.

IMG_4832

I made a baked brie in phyllo with raspberry jam on top and bottom. 

Note: all of these things weren't made at once. Yeesh. We did take breaks between meals.

IMG_4837

Oh, my heavens the goodness!

IMG_4841


IMG_4863

It was fab.
Will make again.


We also had some great dinners:

IMG_4722

Crespelle with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese. Like crepes.
Quite possibly one of the very best things I've eaten!

IMG_4760

We cooked out one night...

IMG_4764

Mom and Jerry.

IMG_4754

Scallops stink up the house, so you gotta do 'em outside!

IMG_4758

Outstanding!

IMG_4763

IMG_4773

It was like a Linguine, Caper, Scallop Pasta.
Quite possibly, one of the very best meals I have eaten.
I'm serious!


IMG_4774

Being that I am/was (whatever,) The Middle Sister, I bought this sassy wine.
It was yummy.

IMG_4812

Jerry recently spent 6 months working in Japan. So, he made an authentic Japanese lunch for Mother's Day!

IMG_4818

It was as tasty as it looks!

IMG_4821

If I can learn to cook half as good as my sister and brother-in-law, I'll be an amazing chef!

IMG_4829

Mom and her girls!


IMG_4830

You must sip the miso soup from the bowl, not use a spoon. We were going for authenticity!

Ok, enough of the food, we did take some family pictures:

IMG_4853

IMG_4860

Sisterly love.

IMG_4862


I had such a great time! It has been a while since I laughed as much as I did on this trip.
It was good for my soul.

There was no TV, no Internet (except for the phone), nothing to clutter the mind.
Sun, hammocks, clean air, good food, family, bonding.
All worth the trek to Moscow!

Love you, J & J! Thanks for being great hosts!
{let me know if you figure out that iron thing}

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Looks like you had a great trip! All of your photos are beautiful. And the food! Oh my - everything looks delicious! Are you going to post the recipe for the Crespelle? I love to try those.

Jamie said...

Love your pictures...they're always so pretty! Looks like y'all had a great time :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)