Unbelievable. This bread is outstanding. I'm in love with it.
I made it this weekend when I was at my parents' house. I wouldn't let them keep any leftovers. Had to take it all home for myself. Rude, I know. Couldn't help it.
{from mixingbowl.com magazine, with a few of my adjustments}
Glazed Strawberry Banana Bread
Bread Ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened, have a little extra to grease pan
3 tablespoon cream cheese, room temp
1½ cups all-purpose flour, have a little extra for flouring pan
1¼ cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup strawberries, chopped
½ cup strawberry preserves
3 tablespoon cream cheese, room temp
1½ cups all-purpose flour, have a little extra for flouring pan
1¼ cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup strawberries, chopped
½ cup strawberry preserves
Glaze:
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
1 big mashed strawberry
1 tablespoon bananas, mashed
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon bananas, mashed
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
{I did take pictures step-by-step, but they didn't turn out as good as the final product, so here are the highlights}
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, rum and buttermilk, beating well.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
Add bananas and fold in the strawberries and preserves.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Glaze:
Beat cream cheese, strawberry preserves, bananas, water and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until blended then spoon over bread loaf or slices.
Now, for the beauty shots...
This is so delicious. It'll be even better when the strawberries are really at their peak.







4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
If ever someone asks you what they should give me as a gift, please have them print, in color, all your recipes and put together in the form of a handy little book. I'll give my mom your number in case she needs an idea for my birthday :) Looks sooo good!
Oh my word. That looks TO DIE FOR!
Kendall, you have to stop it. Just looking at all of your yummy recipes makes my thighs grow. Just kidding. Keep 'em coming!
-Cara
oh. my. goodness. This looks so good! And I love the presentation, it looks so fancy! I need to find some time to make this, asap!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)