Yesterday, March 13, was the birthday of two people I love dearly: Lauren Trammell, my friend from our Memphis family, and my Mother-in-Law, Penny Jones! Lucky for me, celebrations weren't held on the same day, so I didn't have to choose :)
On Tuesday evening, the Wives Club got together and painted pottery at Seize the Clay for Lauren's birthday. This is quickly becoming one of our favorite things to do together!
I painted something for myself....a business card holder.
I know, yawn. But, I really needed a cute one.
I know, yawn. But, I really needed a cute one.
And I painted something for Penny's birthday present. A lovely cross!
That's my style, folks. Celebrate one person's birthday as you prepare for another.
Two birds. One stone. Done.
That's my style, folks. Celebrate one person's birthday as you prepare for another.
Two birds. One stone. Done.
The creative ladies with our clay
Then, we met the boys at Sekesui Midtown for sushi. It was so fun and yummy!
Then, we met the boys at Sekesui Midtown for sushi. It was so fun and yummy!
Thanks, Kyle, for taking a picture of us!
We may all be in our mid-upper 20s, but who says we can't act like kids?
It was just for the picture. I don't think anybody else saw this..... :)
It was just for the picture. I don't think anybody else saw this..... :)
Keith and I don't know how to limit ourselves when we order sushi.
Lauren was a happy camper!
Then, we headed back to the Puryear's for some dessert.
Then, we headed back to the Puryear's for some dessert.
Cupcakes. Always popular!
Happy Birthday, Lauren!
I wonder what you wished for? :)
I wonder what you wished for? :)
Then, on Saturday, the real birthday-day, Meagan and I took Ms Penny to the Nail Bar on the Island in Memphis. Y'all know I'm a huge fan of this place.
We enjoyed manicures while the TV played Time Traveler's Wife.
I chose a color by Orly. I almost never stray away from OPI, but this was too cute.
We also had mimosas out of these cute J cups Anne got me for my birthday.
Later that night, we surprised Penny with a home cooked meal at our house. The plan was to meet at a local Mexican restaurant, but us kiddos decided that wouldn't be as much fun as spending time together at home. So, we surprised her and I think she liked it very much!
Later that night, we surprised Penny with a home cooked meal at our house. The plan was to meet at a local Mexican restaurant, but us kiddos decided that wouldn't be as much fun as spending time together at home. So, we surprised her and I think she liked it very much!
My cross turned out pretty good after it was baked. I liked it! Hope it will look great in Penny's kitchen.
We feasted on:
A delish salad with the dressing I always make (but Ryan made it this time)
Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits
Grilled asparagus
Garlic bread
We feasted on:
A delish salad with the dressing I always make (but Ryan made it this time)
Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits
Grilled asparagus
Garlic bread
I made an outrageously delicious German Chocolate Cake, and I will dedicate another post to it entirely. Ms Penny says this is one of her favorite cakes, right up there with carrot cake.
The birthday girl had fun, and so did the rest of the family.
Keith and his siblings shared lots of funny stories from growing up. It made us all laugh and smile.
Happy Birthday, girls! Hope you both had wonderful days!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Love the pics! Looks like y'all had lots of fun :)
Looks like so much fun...love that cross, it came out beautifully!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)