Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Super Bowl Sunday!

We had a great Super Bowl Sunday with our friends! We all gathered at the Siscos house for the evening. Here are some pics!


I made "ref" cupcakes, and I think they turned out pretty darn cute!!

IMG_3030
I'll give you details about these in another post.
Do you know that it's rather difficult to find plastic whistles? :)


This afternoon, Keith realized he had a few referee jerseys from his old days of being a ref for some local basketball games....
IMG_3049
So, we got in the spirit and wore them!! All of our friends were going to be cheering for the Colts, and we kind-of wanted the Saints to win (we like underdogs), so we decided dressing as refs was a safe neutral!


Over at the Siscos....
IMG_3075
The whole gang!

IMG_3051
Lots of food to eat...
 
IMG_3060
Kayla is a Colts fanatic, so she went all out!


IMG_3061
We also played Brand Bingo during the commercial breaks. Kyle won really early on...


IMG_3062
My friend Chris (from the ad agency I worked at in Little Rock) made these and emailed me a set. It's easy to find out who has bought media space to run a commercial during the Super Bowl. So, he just made up a bunch of bingo boards using the logos of companies whose ads we were guaranteed to see. It's lots of fun to play! We had winners for the first to get Bingo and the first to get a whole board.


IMG_3069
This was when the guys realized the Colts would loose...

IMG_3076
The Payton Manning fans, the Puryears, were still in good spirits after the game

IMG_3077
The refs were pleased with the outcome!
We're happy for the city of New Orleans, it's a great victory for them!

IMG_3082
Cute girl pic!


Hope you all had fun, too. I have a couple of recipes to share for some of the goodies I took today. Look for those later in the week!


4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Lauren said...

SO CUTE! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cupcakes!!! Great idea!

LWLH said...

Love the cupcakes...adorable! :)

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Those cupcakes are too cute! I like the brand bingo too, that'd be fun to play!

Alexis Anderson said...

So stinkin' cute! Love the cupcakes and the matching shirt :) Geaux Saints!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)