Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Seeing Pink and Red

Happy Valentine's Day! I have to admit, I'm a sucker for v-day. I love it. I've always loved it! Maybe it's the pink and red? The hearts? Sweets? Flowers? I like all the above! 

Then again, what holiday don't I like? I'm such a festive, party person that I tend to get in the spirit for all the holidays. Umm, hello Fat Tuesday! I see you lurking around the corner. I have plans to make some Cajun food and my own king cake from scratch (should be interesting). More to come on that later!

The point is, no holiday is exempt from my excitement! V-day is no different. I have fond memories of decorating a shoebox and cutting a hole in the top for elementary school and picking out valentines for my classmates.  Even when I was single, I knew Mom and Dad would send me a little something to make me feel special. Now, I do believe we should be sweet and show love to each other all throughout the year, but I think it's great that there's a day set aside to celebrate the greatest emotion of all: LOVE!


Here are some scenes from around our house today:

IMG_3126
New pillows from Walmart for the front porch bench

IMG_3121
Keith surprised me at work on Friday carrying these! I LOVE that these roses are orange. SO beautiful! He picked them out himself and arranged them, too! With a little help from his mom, I think...  :)


IMG_3123
I've got my spring potpourri out, too!

IMG_3125
I got this from Pier 1 last year, I love the roses in it

IMG_3120
I've been catching up on magazine reading today!



IMG_3117
OH, THIS CARD. It's so cheese-tastic! I couldn't resist it.

IMG_3118
Haha!
I do have a sweet card for later tonight. I'm a big fan of doing a funny card and a sweet card for occasions...

IMG_3119
Keith has actually worn the button today. I really didn't expect that!
He wore it into Kroger today, and got a few comments! :)



IMG_3114
I picked up these tulips from Walmart the other day, too. I am so ready for more signs of spring! These tulips really brighten up our kitchen.


IMG_3112
This little stand came with 4 or 5 different colored trays, and the red is my favorite! Those heart ramekins were just $2 at Michael's, and they're oven safe! I'm planning to make something special in them soon.

IMG_3108
This is what I made on Kayla's birthday at Seize the Clay. Turned out pretty darn cute!


IMG_3110
I've never made anything from this cookbook, it's got some pretty things in it, and I like the way it looks behind the sink!


IMG_3116
Pink and red dish towels hanging on the oven....
Hey, what's in that oven!?


IMG_3127
A heart-shaped brownie!!


I've also been wearing 'love' colors this weekend....
IMG_3102
Today, it's red ruffles!

IMG_3131
And my cozy red and pink socks!



We're headed out to dinner tonight. I'm not sure where we're going, it's a surprise!! Keith said it's a place we've never been before. Memphis has got some great restaurants, so I'm really excited!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! And love to all of my blog readers :)


1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jennifer said...

Yes we do! We are trying Flemings tomorrow night for the first time!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)