Spring may still be a few weeks away, but the 50 degree weather over the weekend has sure got me wishing for it! I'm ready to see green, and smell fresh spring air! Oh, and I can't wait to get my bunnies out and decorate the house for Easter :) I heart bunnies.
In the meantime, I'm making a few small spring updates to the house to get me out of this winter funk.
Yesterday, I got out and about with my Memphis besties, Kayla and Julie. We had no plans or specific shopping goals, just needed to get away from our husbands so they could study! We shopped at Garden Ridge, Target, Michael's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Barnes and Noble, Pier 1 and the Williams Sonoma outlet. All places I love!! Oh, and we ate twice during that whole process. It was a great day! Let me tell you about my favorite purchase...
I bought flowers from Michael's to make an arrangement in a beautiful vase that was sitting empty on my entry table. I think the end result turned out awesome, seeing as how I am such an amateur when it comes to flowers.
Everything else was already set out on the table, so my flower search was determined by:
The color of potpourri I had sitting out (soft pink and green)...
...and the pillar candles in creme.
All 3 glass items were wedding presents from the West Memphis Gift Cottage and I just adore them. I have a 4th matching item; it currently holds all of our wine corks in the kitchen.
Anyway, so at Michael's I just started picking out a bunch of spring flowers and removing and adding until I had a handful I felt pretty good about.
Lucky for me, I found out they were 40% off when I was checking out!
While I much prefer fresh flowers over fake, this girl can't afford to have real ones out all the time!!
Maybe in my forever house I'll have fresh flowers on a weekly basis? Hey, I can dream, right!?
Either way, I think these look pretty good.
I also invested in two bags of clear stones. I can't believe I didn't already have any.
Mom, I know, you're shocked. This is a floral decorating basic! Why have I waited so long!? :)
And, even though I would have loved your help on this, Mom, I think I did a decent job, huh?
Thank you, Michael's! I love your loot.







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I love it! Your home posts always make me dream of when I get to become a nester and decorate! I was at hobby lobby on Saturday and spent a good 2 hours dreaming of all the ways I would decorate a house/ or apartment if I had one :) And I happen to think your arrangement looks great!
It all looks so pretty! Great job :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)