It's been the cause of some frustration lately.
Let me set the scene for you.
Tuesday night. No food in the house. Must make dinner for the hubs.
Aha! I'll make tuna salad sandwiches, cuz he loves that and it's way easy.
Oh, but I'm out of bread.
No prob, I'll stop by the store on the way home from work.
{trip to store}
Back at home, I realize my 'always there' stock of canned tuna is no more.
Awwwww, man!!!!
{trip back to the store}
Strike 1, Tuna. Strike 1!
So, I don't know what you put in your tuna salad, but here's what goes in mine:
Mayo, chopped apples, grated sweet pickles, hard-boiled eggs, pepper, salt.
For boiling eggs (and poaching for that matter), I have a very awesome gadget from Williams-Sonoma:

This is one of my favorite contraptions. Until now.
See you put water in the bottom, turn it on, and put the dome lid on top. Steam comes full-force out of the top of that dome. I'm always very careful around this. Until now.
I guess 'strike 1' had me in a tizzy, cuz my brain wasn't focused. I got in a hurry in the kitchen and when I was moving things around, I reached DIRECTLY over said steam BLOW-HOLE to move something. Colossal mistake, my friends.
Holy mother of....STRIKE 2, TUNA!!! STRIKE 2!!!!
Keith assured me that I'd really, truly injured myself pretty good. {induce crying now}
My arm is on fire!!! Who knew a steam burn could be so gosh-darn painful!?
Here's a visual for ya:

It's like a crater of discomfort.
.jpg)
All for some tuna salad. Seriously.
I've had some kitchen calamities, but none quite as foolish as this one.
So, Keith finishes dinner because I'm, of course, taken out of the game.
The next day, I decide to take this blasted tuna to work for lunch.
I pack my little slices of bread.
Pack some chips to go along.
And once I take my exit for work in Memphis, I realize that dern 'ole tuna salad is in the fridge at home.
Strike 3, Tuna. You're out!
You're determined to convince me that I've lost my mind. We'll see how long it is until I make more of you again!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)