Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Bachelorette Party: The Lingerie Brunch!

This past weekend was Jeni's Bachelorette Party, hosted by yours truly, the Matron of Honor!

We had a fabulous time and there is so much to show and tell you about. Since there are tons of photos and lots of different events, I'll break this up into a few posts. First, we'll start with the lingerie brunch we had on Saturday morning.


{drinks & favors. i heart gladiolas}

I had been planing this for a while! I was SO excited to do a brunch centered all around lingerie. At most of the other bachelorette parties I've been to, the lingerie gifts have just been given out during the other night-time activities. But, I really wanted to play up this part. So, based on a few things I already had, I decided to go with a French/Parisian Oooh La La theme.


{Jeni will all of her frilly goodies}

The invitations had a little nightie on top and spelled Oooh La La down the side, and I tried to incorporate some French words, too:



Michelle, at my office, helped me with this and did a great job!

The decorations were easy. Anything with lace, swirls and eiffel towers would complete the Parisian look.
I already had these on hand:

{Valentine's gift from Keith the year after we went to Paris}

And I ordered a few things from PlatesandNapkins.com that were very Paris like:



Here's how the table turned out {sorry some pictures aren't so good- did I tell you a camera is on my birthday wish list? hint, hint Mr. Jones}


Mom helped me by making the pink runner using a swirly pink fabric from Joann's


{We trimmed it in lace, too.}


{pastry goodness}


{fuzzy pic- grrrr}


Mom also made me a runner for my buffet table using extra fabric from when I recovered my dining room chairs, one side is the green damask, the other is just a beautiful blue. I used a white tray I got at Target and lined it with scrapbook paper

And here are the favors:

{My other party planing sidekick/mother-in-law, Penny, found these little hankies by Design Design. I couldn't find a source online, but we were able to find them all at local Hobby Lobby stores}


{They are packages of 10 pretty tissues that say "I See London, I See France, I Travel the World in Frilly Underpants!" I used that phrase on a couple of extra invitations and set those around the room. Michelle also made these fab little tags to go on them, too- so adorable!}

I set up a laundry line for all of the gifts she would receive. I didn't take a picture of it before, but I used a toile ribbon and made bows for the sides. Next to it, I placed an iron bust and dressed it up!

{Again, fuzzy. I've had that bust since Junior High. It's been dressed as lots of things}


On the Menu were:
  • Mimosas, of course!
  • Pastries from the local Memphis bakery: La Baguette
    We had croissants, danishes, muffins, yummmmm
  • Mini Quiches. I used Nancy's from the frozen section, and they were just delish
  • Fruit and a simple fruit dip (one container strawberry cream cheese, one jar marshmallow cream and a cup or so of cool whip. this is easy and always good.)
  • Petit Fours all the way from Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville, AR (courtesy of fellow bridesmaid, Meredith. I didn't get a pic- did anyone else? they were adorable)
  • And the best of all: Orange Pecan French Toast Casserole (recipe to follow in my next post!)

It was so fab- we ate every last bite of it.


Here are some pics of the girls from the brunch. We had a great turn-out!


{Whitney, Joanna, Lauren and Jeni}


{Mallory and Brandlyn}


{Allison and Jessica}


{North Little Rock crew, ironic that it is tallest to shortest!}


It took a lot of orange juice and champagne for this group! And best of all, Jeni got some really pretty things for her honeymoon.


Next part: The trip to the Nail Bar!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Subscription Box Girl said...

Love this party. Looks like so much fun. May I please use some of the photos on my blog? E-mail me at dana at theperfectbridesmaid.com

Subscription Box Girl said...

I posted it.

http://theperfectbridesmaid.blogspot.com/2009/08/bachelorette-party-french-lingerie.html

Unknown said...

Super great party! I love the theme and all the little details... and especially the mimosas lol

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)