Not much here! I'm putting off going to bed right now.
So, lemme tell ya about what's been going on with the Joneses:
Keith is studying. All the time.
It makes me tired just thinkin' about it! He has been in his little study cave for days. But, I'm proud of him! And, doing my part to not distract, keep him fed, and make sure he showers. Every now and then we say hello to each other and I get a hug. I try to lure him out of the cave with food. This is my time to try and get a conversation in :)
He has tests on Mondays, every other week. So, that means that every other weekend is kinda lousy for him. It's not so bad if there aren't any plans. But, I feel sorry for him when some fall the Monday after a wedding he'd like to attend or a party or all the good Razorback games this season OR the Monday after Halloween (don't get me started on how bummed I am that I can't throw a dental school costume party). So, he'll miss most of that stuff, but it kinda goes with the territory, I guess!
I pray for him that he can get through this next year and do well. I can tell in just this first month so far that it is really tough and really stressful. I rarely see Keith in a bad mood, and there's been a few days lately where I can tell he's frustrated with it all. But, he's hanging in there and still thankful to be where he is.
So, what's new with me?
I've been clubbin' it up!!
Wives club that is. When the boys study, we just all get together and have girl time. This is one of the biggest blessings in my life right now. There are 6 other girls and I just love 'em all. We get together for sure once each week night to cook together, discuss our Love Dare book, talk about shows we're watching, talk about our husbands, our jobs, and just everything! When the boys are free, we do couples things and when they study, we do chick stuff.
This weekend, some of us watched Steel Magnolias and drank wine on Friday night. Saturday, we all went out for dinner, ice cream and then saw The Ugly Truth. Lemme tell ya, this movie is just hilarious. So funny! I think the 6 of us were laughing the hardest out of anyone in the theater. And yes, there are some awkward moments in this flick!
I've been readin'
I read Ogilvy on Advertising (for my book club at work), currently doing the Love Dare and I started Water for Elephants but haven't gotten too far. It's not doing much for me, honestly.
But, just 2 days ago I started The Time Traveler's Wife and I'm just sucked in totally. I woke up this morning and read in bed for 4 hours. Yikes!!
What else can I tell ya?
- I can't believe it's already August. Can you?
- Keith's been eating 1-2 Drumstick ice cream cones each night this summer.
- We hear crickets all the time outside our house. It puts me to sleep but drives Keith crazy!
- I think my mother-in-law Penny is an angel. She deserves a gold star for just being her.
- All I want to wear right now are dresses.
- I've been slacking big time on weeknight cooking. Not sure what my prob has been.
- I think I'm tired of my short hair but not sure I want it to be long again.
- I miss my sister.
- I think I'm going to start running in the mornings before work. Somebody tell me I'm crazy!
- I still can't shake a cough I've had from being sick almost 2 weeks ago. Is it the whooping cough?
- In the past week, I've manged to buy 2 reed diffusers, new potpourri, a candle, and 2 new wallflowers from Bath & Body. The addiction to lovely smells needs to end now.
Ok, enough sharing, I'm getting off of here to go eat a brownie and go to bed.
Feel like ya know me well now? Goodnight!







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I miss our sister too :(
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)