Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Because she's fantastic and I miss her...

...and cuz it's her birthday today!

This post is all for and all about Mrs. Stacia Outten Petrancosta.
Mouthful, right? Yep, that's her name!

And I miss her.

Yes, she is as bubbly and fun as she looks!!

Me and Staysh met Freshman year when we were Delta pledge sisters. She was one of the first friends I made. We were also Kappa Sig frat groupies together, and yes, we are proud of that fact!



We were very close all through those very fun 4 years. She was my roommate most of the time.


{senior day}
In fact, all of these girls were my roommate at some point :)
Read more about the rest of the crew here.


{homecoming}

Stacia is and always will be the life of the party....


{enjoying the row week festivities}


{cheering on the hogs}


We also wore lots of costumes! Stacia had the natural instinct like me to "go all out."


{rockin' our 80s style}



{this is when we went to the Oaklawn derby day in Stacia's hometown of Hot Springs}


{country themed night - this is one of my fondest memories! yes, i'm wearing a square dancin' dress}


We ALWAYS laughed a lot together!






Stacia and I are SO much alike.






We also did A LOT of premature wedding planning together (long before rings were on fingers).
One of our favorite "just Ken & Staysh" things to do was to go to Barnes & Noble and stack up as many bridal magazines as possible and meticulously look through them all.




Then we both got the rings!


{on my engagement day}


{with my happy engagement cake}


{Stacia got her bling not long after}


{Stacia with her congrats cake}


Then we had our weddings ....




She married her Military man and became an army wife!

And now she lives far away in North Carolina. Actually, her specifc location changes every six weeks because of a rotation she's in. You can read about her adventures on her blog.

Oh yeah, did I mention, she's smart and she's in school to be a Physician's Assistant? I'll be calling her when I feel sick and have questions.

Either way, I don't get to see her. Like, ever. It makes my heart sad. But, that's the beauty of a strong friendship. It doesn't matter how many states or months are between us and our visits. We can always pick back up where we left off...

So, CHEERS to you, my dear! Happy Birthday!!


{Stacia and her great dad, Jeff dancin' away at our wedding}

I've had a great walk down memory lane looking for these pictures. I love ya girl!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Stacia Petrancosta said...

You are sweet kendo! I miss you too and loved the walk down memory lane. Makes me miss the goog ole days!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)