Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

A full day of girl time

I spent Saturday with my Memphis 'besties', Kayla and Julie. We went to lunch and shopped around for cocktail dresses (for Friday). We started out not finding anything at the stores, but finally got lucky at Saddle Creek out in Germantown. It's probably a good thing I don't live close to this area because it's full of cute shops! We are all three going to be wearing black dresses. Of course, the classic little black dress, no fail!
We shopped for shoes, picked out 2 books that we're all going to read, and then headed to the grocery store to get the items we needed for our dinner. At my house, we all made the meal together. We had cheddar baked chicken, rice, a fruity salad with my favorite honey-pecan dressing and some white wine.

Just in time for dinner, our friend Tyler showed up! Her husband is an M1 (med student, first year, well technically he's now become and M2, but you get the idea). She's so sweet and I love having her around. Then came Tara, who's husband is in Keith's class and she lives in Marion, too. Finally, somebody living on this side of the river!! Tara, you need to start that blog so I can linky to your name!
We played in my embarrasingly large jewelry collection and I picked out some stuff for the girls to wear with their dresses. Then, we watched The Notebook together. A perfect chick flick! Oh...AND we made none other than "better than sex" cake (hey, I didn't name it). It was so delicious!! I'll post that recipe later in the week.
We had a really great time! We spent from noon to midnight together; it was wonderful. These girls are part of the reason why I'm so happy here in Memphis! :)


2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Claire said...

I LOVE Better Than Sex cake!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we have the same recipe! :)

I love all of your recipe blogs...so inspiring!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)