Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Spruce Up Your Cauliflower

I know I don't eat enough veggies, even though I love them all. I tend to be a one-dish meal kind-of-a-cook during the weeknights. So, in honor of Keith's neuro anatomy test this week, I made the veggie that I used to call a brain as a kid! This recipe is courtesy of my mom, Jantastic:

(photo taken before steaming in microwave)


Spruced-up Cauliflower

Wash and remove stems on a head of cauliflower
Place in a microwavable dish and pour 1/3 cup water around edges
Spread some mayo over the top
Sprinkle with one package of sugar substitute (i.e. sweet-n-low)
Sprinkle with dried onion flakes
Microwave, covered, 10 minutes

Looks gross and sounds real weird, but I could eat the whole thing by myself! Sorry, didn't take a picture after it was done. We started eating it right away :)

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

annecase said...

Making this tonight with dinner. I'll let you know how we like it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)