Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Strawberry Mango Goat Cheese Bruschetta

I'm back from my vacation hiatus! We had an incredible time in Napa/San Fran and I can't wait to share my full recap and all the great pics. In the meantime, I have a backlog of recipes, so I'm starting with my favorite!

This is such a tasty bruschetta and is perfect for entertaining. Every time I've made this, it is huffed down in a matter of 10 minutes. The salsa portion would also be great to top grilled chicken or fish with.

The combo of this addicting salsa and the schmear of warm goat cheese on the toast just makes your taste buds sing "summer!"

photo2

Strawberry Mango Goat Cheese Bruschetta
click here for printer-friendly version

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes (I used a mixture of red and yellow)
  • 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (12-oz.) French bread baguette, sliced
  • 1 (10.5-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together strawberries, mango, grape tomatoes, basil, minced shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, freshly ground pepper, and salt.

Spread cut sides of bread with goat cheese. Place bread pieces on a baking sheet, and bake 10 to 13 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven, and top with strawberry mixture.


Enjoy!


0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)