First, thanks for all of the sweet comments on my last post! In the past year, I have gotten away from very many personal posts and just stuck to the recipes. I think it's because it's easy and somewhat mindless to list them, but I really should take the time to write more about our lives. That was the original intent of my blog anyway, and I love the scrapbook purpose it serves. So, I'll call that a halfway-through-the-year resolution! :) We had a wonderful anniversary night and exchanged some great gifts for the traditional gift of wood. I'll post about that later in the week.
But, I've got to make this recipe post as I promised on Instagram that I'd blog it right away!
And, y'all.
It's darn good.
Caprese-anything makes me happy, but this salad with delicious roasted cherry tomatoes is just like a party on your taste buds. It's perfect for summer!
Now, I'll be roasting tomatoes on the reg. YUMMERS.
Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped grilled chicken (we marinated tenders in Kraft Tuscan Italian dressing)
2 cups mixed salad greens
1 and 1/4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (I had a mixture of red and yellow)
2-3 slices of whole grain bread (I used Golden Flax and Grain)
1 cup mozzarella balls or chopped fresh mozzarella
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Olive oil
Balsamic Glaze (I buy pre-made. It's easy to make, but so convenient to keep in pantry)
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 400. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in oven with timer set for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut bread into cubes and place on a second baking sheet. Toss with a bit more olive oil to coat.
At the 10 minute mark for the tomatoes, given them a toss, and add the bread cubes to the oven for the remaining 10 minutes. I opened the oven a couple more times and tossed the crutons for even crisping.
Assemble the salad with mixed greens, chicken, mozzarella and fresh basil. Add the tomatoes and the crutons when ready. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze.
Serves: 2
Enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
This looks SO good! We love caprese salads too.
I love all of your recipes, of course, but I'd love to hear how your Napa / SF trip was!!
Do you make your own balsamic glaze or is there a specific brand you buy pre-made? Thanks! LOVE your blog!!!
@Rachel - Hey there! I use a pre-made glaze that I buy at my grocery store. It's sold right next to the balsamic vinegar. There are a few brands offered! It can also be ordered off Amazon.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)