Oh em geeeeeee. I recently made this quiche for me and my mother to enjoy on a Saturday morning. We woke up early and I thought I could surely round up enough stuff in the kitchen to make a tasty one. Little did I know, it would be the best quiche I've ever made, and probably ever had! Mom and I just died over it. I quickly wrote it down so I wouldn't forget, and she has since made it twice! It really is worth all of my hype!
I sort of made it up as I went along, so I know you could play with the ingredients and it would still be great.
Incredibly Delicious Sunburst Veggie Quiche
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
1 pie crust (I always buy Pillsbury refrigerated)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
10-12 Sunburst tomatoes (the baby yellow ones, but red would be a fine substitute)
6 green onions, sliced
1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from jar, drained)
1/2 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
3 eggs
Salt and; Pepper
1 and 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 375
Prepare pie pan with crust, and pierce center with fork in several places.
Bake for 10 minutes, remove and reduce heat to 350
Toss mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and feta together. Add to pie crust and spread evenly.
Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper to taste, cream, parsley, zest and paprika.
Pour over veggies. Bake 40-50 minutes. I covered the crust edges with pie shield halfway through.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yum! What a gorgeous quiche! And it looks so delicious! I can never get my pie crusts to turn out so perfectly. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This quiche looks amazing! Picture perfect. :)
Your food is always pretty! I bet it tastes great too! Glad you enjoyed cooking with your mom! Have a great day!
I made this dish for my best friend & I for lunch this past week. Delicious! Making it again this week for my work lunch buddies. Its a keeper
Hi! Do you think I could make this recipe with egg whites instead of real eggs? My e-mail address is priyachica@gmail.com Thank you!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)