Hey friends! So, I have lots of recipes to share from the party last weekend, so I'll start with the easy one.
Peppermint Frosting
click here for printer-friendly version
Peppermint Frosting
click here for printer-friendly version

OH yum. It is so good y'all! It has a very light peppermint flavor, but just enough to make you wonder why it's so delicious.
I used it on simple white cake mix cupcakes.
But, that wasn't my intention. There's a story here, people.
I was supposed to make these:
I used it on simple white cake mix cupcakes.
But, that wasn't my intention. There's a story here, people.
I was supposed to make these:
Little Peppermint Cakes
They look so simple and easy. I read the instructions a few times and thought, What could be more simple!?
I was making 4 desserts between Saturday and Sunday before my party, so I was glad to have picked at least one easy recipe. So, I saved it until Sunday afternoon.
It was all a lie. The easy part, that is.
It was such a mess that I didn't take any pictures, except at the beginning:
I was making 4 desserts between Saturday and Sunday before my party, so I was glad to have picked at least one easy recipe. So, I saved it until Sunday afternoon.
It was all a lie. The easy part, that is.
It was such a mess that I didn't take any pictures, except at the beginning:
Peppermint Frosting

Melt 4 ounces of white chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.

Stir in a whole 16 oz container of vanilla frosting.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Stir until smooth.
Now, the next step of that deceptive recipe was to take cubed pieces of regular frozen pound cake and hold over the sauce pan while spooning the icing over it to coat.
This did not go so well. It was a gunky mess. This icing is delicious, but not 'runny' enough to coat something like that. After doing one small piece of pound cake, I knew it was a lost cause. It looked dreadful.
But, here was this yummy icing, warm on my stove. It was longing to frost something...and so was I.
In the pantry, I had nothing to improvise with.
"Umm, Keith? I need your help. Like, now."
Being the wonderful husband that he is, he scurried away to the store to get me some cake mix. In the meantime, I preheated the oven and guessed on the temperature and got everything ready to go. When he arrived with the mix, it was showtime! I threw it all together so fast and furious - all while keeping my icing warm and stirring frequently on the stove.
It all worked out just fine, the cupcakes cooled just in time to be iced and set out right before the party started.
This did not go so well. It was a gunky mess. This icing is delicious, but not 'runny' enough to coat something like that. After doing one small piece of pound cake, I knew it was a lost cause. It looked dreadful.
But, here was this yummy icing, warm on my stove. It was longing to frost something...and so was I.
In the pantry, I had nothing to improvise with.
"Umm, Keith? I need your help. Like, now."
Being the wonderful husband that he is, he scurried away to the store to get me some cake mix. In the meantime, I preheated the oven and guessed on the temperature and got everything ready to go. When he arrived with the mix, it was showtime! I threw it all together so fast and furious - all while keeping my icing warm and stirring frequently on the stove.
It all worked out just fine, the cupcakes cooled just in time to be iced and set out right before the party started.

I am thankful for my husband who was sweet enough to go to the store, last minute! It's all about the teamwork.
I would not be as good of a person, friend, employee or cook if it weren't for him! :)
Oh yes, and my mom who showed up a little early to help me, too. Thanks!







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I'm not a big peppermint person but that sure sounds good!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)