Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

A few things..

Tonight, this is what is on my mind:

40
My beautiful sister. Today is Jennifer's birthday!

She lives in a land far, far away...called Idaho. I haven't seen her since last December when we went to Hawaii together. This one-year mark will be the longest I've gone without seeing her since.....ever.

I miss her.

Her sweet hubby, Jerry, is in Japan for some research for 6 months. She leaves on Christmas Day to see him. I'm so glad she gets to visit him, but I'm also wondering when I'll see my JJ again. Maybe I'll just take a long weekend this Spring and see her and the new house?

In the meantime, we send funny emails and talk occasionally on the phone. She has a hilarious, dry, sarcastic sense of humor. We laugh together a lot. I love her.

Happy Birthday, J!



Next on my mind is Grandma:

Grandparents
Her birthday is tomorrow (Tuesday).

She is a gorgeous woman, and she and I are very close. I am, dare I say, her favorite!


She's my role model for southern, home-style culinary greatness, and the reason I have so many wonderful recipes in my kitchen!

I won't tell you how old she is turning, but I can tell you that she looks fabulous and is very healthy for her age. She and my Papa Doc travel the world and love each other so much. They have a beautiful life, with more years of greatness ahead!

Happy Birthday, Grandma Bobo! I can't wait to see you at Christmas!




The other thing heavy on my heart is this man:

Walking on the beach
Keith.

He had a big test today and has a huge final over the whole semester on Wednesday.

I know he'll do great. But, school is tough and I think the last few days have really pushed him. It's going to be pretty miserable for my student until Wednesday afternoon.

He's tired. He wants to sleep, go to bed at a decent time, and stare at something besides books or the computer screen. It will be over soon enough and he can rest over the holidays! Just please keep him in mind and in your prayers on Wednesday for his big test.

They say right now is the hardest of all of dental school. I believe it, folks.



There ya have it- 3 big things on my mind (among all the tedious to-do's of life). Have a great Tuesday!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Courtney McShan said...

I'll be praying for yall and the other men... They WILL make it through! Just wait til boards :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)