My friend, Becky, occasionally does one of these on her blog and I think it's neat.
I can be full of a thousand thoughts and emotions at one time. Maybe it's because I'm a woman and that tends to be our nature, but either way, I think sometimes it's healthy to just think about where you are and sort-of "take inventory"...
Right Now I Am:
Watching Keith study on the floor. Books and papers are everywhere; they're hard to wrangle. He seems to be having trouble focusing. There's been so many tests for him lately that I think it's hard studying for the 4th or 5th in a row...but he'll get into his groove tomorrow, I'm sure of it.
A Song Which Has Captured My Attention:
"I will rise" by Chris Tomlin. Beautiful, beautiful song. I love KLove radio :)
I listen to it in the mornings and it helps me start the day on a positive note. This song is the one stuck in my head. I don't mind one bit :)
A Great Story:
I heard this at church on Sunday; it's stayed with me since! So, I'll try to tell it as best I can.
There was a little boy that lived on a lake and he loved sailboats. So, one day he decided he was going to build a miniature boat of his own. He worked very hard on that little boat and his family was always asking why he spent so much time on it and when he'd ever be finished. After weeks and weeks, one day, his masterpiece was ready. It was absolutely amazing! The finest toy wooden sailboat ever made. So, he took it out on the water and tied it to a string. He watched it float beautifully along. He was pleased.
Then, suddenly, that delicate string broke and his sailboat drifted away from him.
His heart was broken. His precious boat was gone.
Months later, the boy was walking around town. He passed a pawn shop and saw his boat in the window! With so much excitement, he burst into the store and told his story to the shop owner. Of course, he didn't believe the boy made the boat. After all, it was the finest wooden boat made. The owner told the boy how much it would cost for him to buy it. It was far more than the little child had.
So, he did many chores and saved his money for a very long time. Finally, he walked proudly into the pawn shop and paid for his boat in full.
He took it home in his arms. He looked at the boat with love and said "You're extra special to me. Now, I have you twice. I've made you. And, I've bought you back."
And that is a beautiful picture of the love of God. We are made with his love and bought by his son. This made me tear up when I heard it on Easter. So sweet :)
I'm missing:
Our friends, Kelsey and Mat. Keith and I recently talked about how we haven't seen our married pals in so long. If our schedules allow, I'd love to plan a trip to see them in Dallas. The Hency's are just so cool....
I'm Relieved:
That I was able to pay off my credit card balance with some of our tax refund $. I had just one hill I had not gotten over after moving and getting things for our house. Being able to free us of that debt is a huge relief. I say that debt, because we have a very large other one (hello, dental student loans!). We'll get to that later. In the meantime, trying to be good stewards of what we have.
I'm Procrastinating:
...on a few things! One is taking my Easter decorations down. I put away the ones that were very obvious, but can't bring myself to remove one (or four) precious bunnies I have sitting around. I can't let them go just yet.
I Am Looking Forward To:
Saturday! I'll sleep in. I'll go shopping with my D1 wife friends. They're coming over that night and we'll cook together, share wine, and watch a movie while our husbands study away. This is going to be a great girls night in and I'm looking forward to it very much! We have the best time together :)
I'm excited about:
Next Friday is a dental school formal (yes, they have these, who knew?). A big group of us will go to dinner together and to the party. We've jokingly been referring to it as dental prom. But, truth be told, I think we're all really excited! I haven't danced in so long, it'll be a blast, I hope! That's what were shopping for this Saturday...something cute and fun to wear.
I'm discouraged about:
Some things at work have discouraged me a bit lately, but it's getting better and it's looking up. Despite the craziness and tough last week, I am very thankful for my job right now. The clients I work with are undergoing a transformation at their company, so I'm constantly hearing about their job losses, changes, etc. My heart is sad for them. It also makes me realize that no matter what kind of bad day I have, it would be far worse to loose this job I love so much.
I want to bake:
Something with strawberries. I'm thinking of my grandmother bobo's strawberry cake recipe! Maybe for our girl's night...
You may also want to know:
...probably nothing. I think I've shared enough for a while! Maybe this will keep everyone caught up 'til I recap the weekend on Sunday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I like the idea of this personal inventory thing... I think one day I might do one on my blog!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)