Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wedding Shower for Joanna & Jeremy

This weekend, Keith and I helped host a very fun shower for our friends, Joanna and Jeremy. Their wedding is coming up in April and I am so looking forward to being a bridesmaid and sharing in their big day!

424538_10100169383461187_20602241_42627161_374392716_n
Aren't they cute?

It was an easy decision to help host a big shower to celebrate! With friends Whitney, Lauren and Rachel (and husbands and parents), we put together what I think was a pretty cute party, complete with delicious food and coordinating decor. This isn't our first rodeo, after all!

Joanna has great ideas for her wedding weekend, and has put a lot of things on Pinterest. So, using our stalking skills, the gals and I planned a shower that used some of her colors and patterns. Here is the invitation!

Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 7.10.57 PM
My friend from work, Michelle, did an amazing job on this invitation. It really set the stage for the party! We printed it on a shimmery silver paper and they turned out so lovely.

IMG_3467

The party was at Whitney's parents' house. The Grounds have a wonderful home for entertaining! We did the flowers ourselves, and Rachel did a fantastic job planning and arranging.

IMG_3482

Rachel also ordered some customizable items from Etsy and these wrapped forks and napkins were so cute!

IMG_3471

This pennant banner was another Etsy find that was customized for our party!

IMG_3468

We accessorized with printed label cards and cupcake toppers that we put in everything but cupcakes. Those blueberry cheesecake bars are really popular and easy to make. Click here to get the recipe. I always get rave reviews when I make them!

IMG_3492

The bar area was decked out with lots of pom-poms that I made from a variety of tissue paper. They are so easy to create and make a big statement!

IMG_3488

The drink canisters were wrapped in purple and white twine, making them a little extra special.

IMG_3493

I made some wine bottle wraps to coordinate with the invitation, and all of the hosts signed them in silver paint pen.

IMG_3500

Our gift to the bride and groom was a wine tower they had on their Crate + Barrel registry. it was fun to pitch in on something big!

Okay - now on to the food!

IMG_3474

Whitney put together a lovely arrangement of delicious cheeses, fruit and nuts.

IMG_3485

Inspired by Pinterest, we made a veggie display using different glass containers. For some reason, this presentation made it all the more appetizing! We served with hummus and an herbed goat cheese dip.

IMG_3479

I will have to share the recipe for this dip soon as it was fantastic!

IMG_3484

I put together a caprese salad toss for the party. That combination of flavors will never cease to satisfy me!

IMG_3481

I also made this Mediterranean Dip - easy and yummy.

IMG_3496

Simple shrimp cocktail is always a hit.

IMG_3497

We also had delicious Salmon Canapes, Mac and Cheese Bites...

IMG_3498

...and Beef and Pork Tenderloin sliders. Lots of good food!

Alright, time for pictures from the actual party!

IMG_3501

The beautiful Bride and me!

IMG_3502

Whitney, Joanna and I pose with Shelly. Our mentor!

IMG_3503

A great group of guys!

IMG_3505

My Dad and Adam, Joanna's younger brother. Adam and my brother Kyle were very best friends. Their relationship is one of the reasons Joanna and I became so close. Siblings, friends with siblings. Sweet, sweet memories.

IMG_3508

My cute Mom!

IMG_3509

My parents pose for a pic on the stairs. Mom stood a few steps up to be taller!

IMG_3512

Keith and I with another soon-to-be married couple, Payton and Katie.

IMG_3513

Keith is headed to Vegas in March for Payton's bachelor party. I sure hope they behave themselves!

IMG_3514

Keith and I pose for a picture when I realized I haven't taken one of us since New Year's Eve. That's odd for us!

IMG_3515

Joanna gave the hostesses the most adorable platters! They came from Rosie Posie Designs on Etsy.

IMG_3516

Post-party, Keith gets silly with some of the decor. He did actually help make some of those!

IMG_3518

We ended the night laughing and celebrating with great friends. Congrats Joanna and Jeremy! Can't wait for April 14th!

9 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Love the decorations, food, and the platters!

Anonymous said...

Look amazing! Thank you for including the recipes also, everything looks so yummy! Any idea where she got the platters? That would make a wonderful wedding gift as well! Happy Sunday!

Katy said...

Kendall ya'll put so much work into this shower and it turned out great!!! I also am curious if you know by chance know where Joanna ordered/bought those platters... Maybe an etsy site? I've got a shower coming up in a few weeks and would LOVE to get something like that for the hosts... Thanks for sharing Kendall!!!

According to Jax said...

Those platters are awesome! Did she make them, if not, do you know where she ordered them? And the food looks delish! :)

Shari said...

The platter you received is so cute! Looks like a great time! :)

Colleen Sullivan said...

Wonderful party! You are so great at entertaining!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the party decorations, so cute. You're a pro at the party planning girl!

Meagan said...

Beautiful! I love all of these ideas. Lucky girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Best party a girl could ask for! The food was excellent, and the cran vodka punch is something I want to try for future events. Also, loved the Mediterranean dip. Kendall and the other hostesses did a WONDERFUL job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)