Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Slow-Cooker Asian Chicken Salad

I've found another great slow-cooker recipe that uses Asian flavors. This made some pretty tasty shredded chicken that I ended up using in two different recipes last week. First up - the salad. Give this a try! Keith LOVED it.

IMG_3449

Slow-Cooker Asian Chicken

Chicken Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
Ground black pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp Asian chili sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil

Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place chicken, celery, onion and garlic in a 3.5 or 4 quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, chili sauce and sesame oil; pour over mixture in slow cooker. Stir to combine.

Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2.5-3 hours.

Remove chicken from cooker, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred chicken with two forks. For me, this was already falling apart so it was very easy.

This chicken is delicious and can be used for lots of recipes. Below is the salad I made and it was fantastic! Tomorrow I'll post the Thai Chicken Pizza I made with the other chicken leftovers.

Salad Ingredients:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 bag Romaine lettuce
1 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup drained pineapple chunks
1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted cashews, chopped
2 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro

For salad dressing, combine in a screw-top jar the reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid from slow cooker with 1/4 cup rice vinegar. Cover and shake well to combine, set aside.

Assemble salad with romaine, chicken, carrots, pineapple, cashews and cilantro. Drizzle with salad dressing just before serving.

Enjoy!!


3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

This sounds really good Kendall...you find the best recipes! Hope you have a great week.

Jen said...

Great recipe! I'm a vegetarian with an omnivore husband and friends, cooking meat's always a challenge because I don't get to taste the finished product- made this for a dinner and it was a big success.

pay per head said...

I love Asian food, is very different and the flavor is unique

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)