Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Yard Dog Petit Verdot

TGIF, friends! Another busy week down, and spring is on the horizon! The weather here in Memphis is unseasonably warm and everyone is in the mood for a patio! Maybe the groundhog was wrong.

This week is a busy one - the ad agency I work for is moving offices. All of the boxes are packed and today (Friday) is the big move. We're moving from an old stand-alone building to the 6th floor of a nice office in the middle of downtown. I'm excited for the new energy it will bring to the group and for all of the delicious restaurants within walking distance! It will be strange to leave the old stomping grounds behind. Fun fact: Our old office, just down the street from Sun Studio, used to be a bank. Rumor has it that Elvis got a loan for his first car there!

On to the vino.

wine fridays

This week, I opened a bottle of delicious stress relief...with a very odd label. This is not one I would have been inclined to buy, but the lovely lady at Pyramid Liquors in downtown Memphis was offering samples this weekend, and I really liked it. For all of you Memphians, I love to shop at Buster's because of the huge selection, but I really like the gal at Pyramid. She knows her stuff, and the discount is better per case. Don't worry, Mom, I don't buy a lot of cases of wine :)

photo

Yard Dog
Year: 2009
Origin: Australia
Average Price: $12
About the wine: This is a delicious red blend of 60% petit verdot, 20% cabernet sauvignon and 20% merlot. Wine spectator gave it 85 points. I agree, it rocks. I love the quote on the back of the bottle:
"Yard Dog, every street has one. Yipping and howling all day and all night. The once beloved family pet that has gone feral, a canine prisoner condemned to the confines of the back yard. Such is the fate of these varieties in Australia. Once the royalty of vitis vinefero, now neglected. Once adorned by winemakers now overlooked, left outside the back porch of the winery. Here it becomes dark, brooding and masculine losing its polished and pampered look. Beware of the Yard Dog."


Check out a bottle of this sassy vino and have a wonderful weekend!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Miss V said...

Sounds lovely! Very very cool about your old office building but I agree working downtown will be so much fun! I love teaching my summer school class because it's in the heart of our financial district, the energy walking to work or around after is so fun!! I've been enjoying Starborough Sauvignon Blanc this week from New Zealand, perfect for a warm day on a patio! xo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)