Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Shrimp, Asparagus and Pesto Gnocchi

Gnocchi. Oh, how I love some gnocchi. I tasted my first gnocchi dish in 2007 at a restaurant in the same building where my first job was. I remember thinking, where has this been all of my life? Gnocchi are small Italian dumplings made from potatoes. They are tender, fluffy and hearty. And I heart them.

If I were ambitious, and not working late most nights, I'd make it from scratch. But, this is a busy world and pre-made gnocchi exists. It's a great item to keep in the pantry when you need dinner ready ASAP. This is a yummy Cooking Light recipe that was ready in a flash.

IMG_3376

Shrimp, Asparagus and Pesto Gnocchi

Ingredients:

  • 2 quarts plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
  • 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
  • 4 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
  • 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
  • 1 cup basil leaves
  • 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice 
  • 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
  • 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add gnocchi to pan; cook 4 minutes or until done (gnocchi will rise to surface). Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Add asparagus and shrimp to pan; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drain. Add shrimp mixture to gnocchi.

Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, basil, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides. Drizzle oil through food chute with food processor on; process until well blended. Add salt and basil mixture to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Add cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately. 

Enjoy!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

Yum! I love gnocchi and this looks delicious!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Yum, this looks delicious! And I agree, perfect for something that feels fresh, but really is pretty easy to prepare after a long day slaving away in ad land :) Liking the new blog design by the way!

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

I still stalk your recipes and let me just be honest...from one cooking idiot/novice to an expert, I miss your step by step pictures!!! I always knew I was on track by following the pics as my computer sat dangerously close to my stove and cutting board :)

But those have to be time consuming, and clearly you have a life, so I will forgive you :)

Love and miss you friend!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)