Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Southwestern Pizza Con Queso

Hey there, folks! I've got another pizza recipe for you. This is so incredibly easy and takes about 20 minutes to pull together. That's my kind of weeknight dinner! For us, a 20 minute meal is faster than driving anywhere for take out.

This is a Pampered Chef recipe that I stumbled on earlier this week when I was looking for a specific recipe. I skimmed the ingredients list and realized I had just about everything on hand except the chicken and the queso. After making the sausage pizza last week, I had an extra crust from the package of 2 to deal with soon. This was the perfect solution! I also learned a new technique that I'll be using in the future for prebaked crusts.

IMG_2608

Southwestern Pizza Con Queso


Ingredients:
1 pkg prebaked pizza crust
8 oz (about 2 cups) cooked chicken breasts, shredded (I bought a rotisserie chicken on sale and pulled most of it off
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 small red bell pepper
1 small green bell pepper (I bought a small container of pre-sliced bell peppers in all colors)
1 small red onion
1.5 Tbsp Southwest seasoning mix (I used Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle, which was spicy!)
2/3 cup prepared Monterey Jack salsa con queso dip
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

Preheat oven to 450.

Place pizza crust top side down on round baking stone (or greased cookie sheet). Bake 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp. Remove baking stone from oven; turn crust top side up.

IMG_2604

This technique keeps the crust crisp even after the saucy toppings are placed on it.

IMG_2602

Cut bell peppers and onion into thin slices and toss with seasoning mix in a bowl. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes of until shimmering. Add vegetable mixture to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.

IMG_2603

Add chicken, cook 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat.

IMG_2605

Spread the queso over the crust evenly.

IMG_2607

Top with the chicken and veggie mixture and sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cut into wedges.


Enjoy!!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Meredith said...

looks heavenly!! making this asap!

Shari said...

I'm always looking for new pizza toppings ideas. Love this one. Thanks for sharing.

All About the Armes' said...

This looks amazing! I am definitely giving it a try this week! Thanks for posting :)

Mrs. Eckelmann said...

This looks amazing!! Can't wait to try it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)