Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Sausage and Mushroom Pizza

Dinner tonight was easy, tasty and comforting. This is a loaded pizza that you'll love! The recipe comes from Cooking Light (that I adjusted slightly). We had it with a simple salad of arugula and lemon vinaigrette.

IMG_2437

Sausage and Mushroom Pizza

Ingredients:
1 pound refrigerated pizza dough (or a pre-baked Boboli crust)
Cooking spray
16-17 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal (if your dough is refrigerated)
3/4 cup marina or spaghetti sauce (I used spicy tomato basil spaghetti sauce)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 450°.

If you are using refrigerated dough, place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. (I used this kind of sausage, so I sliced it and sauteed). Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes.

For refrigerated dough, sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. For pre-baked, place on a cookie sheet or pizza stone.

Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with sausage mixture (I drained mine a bit so it wouldn't get soggy). Sprinkle cheeses over sausage mixture. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden. Top with chopped fresh parsley.

IMG_2438

Enjoy!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)