Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Pecan-Crusted Pork with Orange-Maple Glaze

Oh. Em. Gee.

IMG_2391

This was an amazing dinner! Keith and I agreed that it's one of the best meals we've had at home. Granted, we love food and all kinds of flavors, so our 'best meals' category is pretty big. Anyway, I really encourage you to make this dish! The recipes comes from Better Homes & Gardens, but I made a few adjustments. It is SO tasty and easy to make!

Pecan-Crusted Pork with Orange-Maple Glaze

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb.)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4-5 Tbsp pure maple syrup 
1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 oranges (1 juiced and 1 sliced)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Recommended side dish: steamed green beans. I bought a bag of fresh beans in the produce section and steamed them in the bag in the microwave.

IMG_2382

Preheat oven to 375. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.

Trim pork, then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Flatten slices with palm of hand; season pork with salt and pepper.

Place 3 tablespoons of the syrup in a shallow dish; place pecans in a second shallow dish. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Coat pork in syrup, then press in pecans. Place pork in skillet in single layer. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Place in baking dish. With a slotted spoon, remove any pecan pieces in skillet; spoon over pork. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until pork is cooked through.

Meanwhile, stir orange juice, the remaining 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, cumin, and cayenne into skillet. Cook stirring occasionally with a whisk, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly thickened. It will thicken up more after allowing to cool. Pour over pork. Serve with orange wedges.


IMG_2389

You will love this dish! Let me know if you try it. I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green. Click over there to check out other delicious recipes!

Oh, and I have to mention a new gadget I tried:

IMG_2385


It's nothing revolutionary, but I had never used a nut grinder mill. I am now addicted! There are other chopping gadgets I have that are lame, but this is very handy. If you cook with pecans as much as I do, this is a must-buy!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

jenn from midlife modern said...

That looks like a must-try!! Pecan-crusted anything is good, but this looks outstanding!

Shari said...

This looks awesome! I want one of the mini food prep processor to chop all my nuts and herbs. I'm definitely putting it on my Christmas wish list. :)

Rachel DeCarolis said...

Hi Kendall, this looks delicious and I think I am going to try it tonight! I was wondering if the leftovers are good reheated?? Thanks!

pay per head said...

so easy and looks awesome thank!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)