Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Fall at the Jones Home

What a glorious time of year this is! I love the crisp air and changing leaves, the food, the clothes and colors. Even though it reaches the mid 80s in Memphis every afternoon, and I still can't bear the thought of wearing socks in this weather, we're only a few weeks away from chilly season, and I can' t wait.

Another thing I love is bringing down my fall decor container and spreading the leafy, pumpkin goodness all over the house. Here are pics of our home this year. It's not all that different from last year, but when you've got a good thing going, why change it? Plus, I can't very well justify spending a lot of money on new crafts. So, the wreath was my big project this year, and everything else was just moved around a bit.

IMG_2367

I love my pumpkin yard sign! I always get asked where I bought this, and unfortunately I can't send you guys to a website for it! There is a craft show in Memphis every year and a certain vendor brings these metal signs every time. They have pumpkins in fall, bunnies in the spring, etc.

IMG_2366

I can't wait to add some pumpkins and mums to the front porch. It's just still too warm to buy mums around here.

IMG_2378

Come inside!

IMG_2356

The buffet table right when you walk in.

IMG_2357

I bought these branches last year and re-arranged them the same way this time.

IMG_2359

To the left when you walk in is our dining room. I love this room in fall!


IMG_2363

Every year I tell myself I need to do something different on the table, but I just can't help it. I love these pumpkins this way!

IMG_2369

Next, the living room. Come in and sit a while!

IMG_2372

I've brought out the plushy orange pillows and our cozy, soft brown blanket.

IMG_2348

On the coffee table, I kept it simple with apothecary jars with mixed rocks, a pumpkin and cross.

IMG_2374

The hearth area is one of my favorite spots, too.

IMG_2338

I love this artichoke thingy so much, and that candle next to it is amazing! Each layer is a different scent.

IMG_2342

The left side of the mantle is simple with a wooden pumpkin, succulents and mini pumpkins and gourds.

IMG_2346

Fall branches from Michael's last year. the cream-colored ceramics are from Garden Ridge.

IMG_2347

This is a new addition propped up against the fireplace. It's such a cute broom and I'm thinking I'll do something with it on the front porch when I add the hay, mums, pumpkins, etc.

IMG_2335

The table next to the couch. The red dish is a new item I got this year at the Cooper-Young festival in Memphis. A local potter makes his pieces with real leaves. I adore it!

IMG_2336

I found this artichoke dish at a Trees N Trends (not sure if those stores are regional?) and the raffia pumpkins came 10 to a bag at a craft show I went to about a month ago. I think these would be fun in a table-setting, too.

IMG_2375

There are other places throughout the house where I've snuck in a mini pumpkin or gourd.

IMG_2333

Lastly, our kitchen table has a burlap runner (that I keep recycling) and some ceramic goodies that I shopped the house for.

IMG_2332

The only thing I had to buy to complete this scene was the vase filler from Target. It was such a good price and I really like the yarn ball.

Happy Fall Y'all! Thanks for stopping by!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

jenn from midlife modern said...

Your house is so beautiful and cozy! It looks like it was made to exist for the fall--love the earthy, warm tones. What a nice place to come home to.

Shari said...

Your porch is lovely. I'm jealous. In my high rise city apt..we don't have things like that. Love all of the fall decor. Don't miss my giveaway from Nescafe.

Jamie said...

I LOVE it! You did a great job :)

Melissa said...

Everything looks amazing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)