This salad made me a happy girl last night! I came home later than planned and didn't even feel like cooking, but reluctantly got it going. As soon as I combined the salad dressing ingredients with the lemon and rosemary, I knew things were turning around! This chicken smelled delicious when grilling and the whole meal was ready in less than 30 minutes. Recipe is adapted from Real Simple.
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad with Avocado and Parmesan
Ingredients:
1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
5 garlic cloves, minced
olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 ears of corn, shucked
5 ounces baby spinach
1 avocado, sliced
2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
Heat grill pan or charcoal/gas grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, 4-5 tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer 3/4 of the dressing to a small bowl; set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining dressing and turn to coat.
Rub the corn with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spray the pan or grill with nonstick spray and add the corn and chicken; grill turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes, and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cobs and slice the chicken.
Note: Because I was in a hurry and the chicken breasts I had were pretty thick, I cut the breast into thick slices and the cooking went much faster. Plus, all of the pieces were nice and golden brown!
Toss the spinach, chicken, corn, and avocado with the reserved dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
PS - Oh yeah, this has a lot of similarities to the last recipe (the grilled chicken, lemon, shaved parmesan....), but at least I'm using ingredients more than once, right!? :)







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
made this tonight... I added a cilantro ranch dressing on top (left over from the night before) because I needed a "wetter" salad. BUT before adding that, I tried it with just the vinaigrette and it was wonderful! Also added with the spinich some iceberg lettuce leaves (also from the night before)... will be making this again. YUMMY!
Looks so yummy!! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)