This is one of our new favorite salad recipes. In the heat of summer, it's so nice to make a main dish salad without turning on any heat in the kitchen. We added chicken for a main dish, but you could make this without chicken for a nice starter salad to another meal, too. Southern Living calls this recipe 'strawberry fields' salad, but this has so much more going on than the strawberries, so I'm renaming it here!
Strawberry Nectarine Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Ingredients:
2 large nectarines, sliced
8 sliced, fresh strawberries
1 bag of mixed greens
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
feta cheese
1 large green tomato
handful of chopped fresh basil (I forgot this, but it would be a nice touch)
handful of glazed pecans
Dressing:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 tsp finely chopped onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined.
Toss nectarines in some of the dressing while you prepare the rest of the salad. Layer all ingredients over greens in a large bowl or on individual plates. Drizzle with additional dressing as desired.
Enjoy!







3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
That looks amazing! I must try it.
In fact, it's a matter of survival.
squash seeds
WOW, so original and tasty, congrats I love the site!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)