Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Chinese Noodle Slaw

This is one of my favorite dishes, and I'm crazy for not posting it sooner! My mother, grandmother and aunt have all been making this for years, and I don't know where the recipe originated. This is a Napa cabbage slaw that is perfect for entertaining.

IMG_1637

Chinese Noodle Slaw

Ingredients:
1 bundle Napa cabbage
3 bundles green onions
1 pkg Ramen chicken noodles, broken up
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp butter

Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Combine salad dressing ingredients in resealable container (such as a jar). Shake well to combine. Store in fridge until ready to serve.

In nonstick skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Lightly brown almonds, sesame seeds and noodles. Cool completely and add seasoning packet.

Wash cabbage and drain. Peel off outside layers and shred. Chop green onions. Combine in large bowl. Add noodle mixture and toss.

Add dressing to salad mixture just before serving and toss well to coat. The salad won't keep very well, so only add the dressing to the portion that is likely to be consumed immediately.
Enjoy!!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Lynsi Hartman said...

I got this exact recipe from Randy's grandmother and we make it pretty regularly! Delicious :) We add chicken to make it a main dish.

Kelli Herrington said...

I love this idea. Looks divine and I know from the ingredients its got to be great!

Shari said...

I'm making something similar tonight. Great minds think alike! :)

Tee said...

so late to this party, but I make this salad regularly - i add a dash of ponzu and soy sauce and we are GOOD TO GO! it's a great salad for summer!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)