Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Creamy Caprese Pasta

I was in a comfort food mood the other night and just was not excited about a chicken and veggie dish I had planned. Nothing against that dish, but pasta was calling my name... loudly. It was 5:30 and I did not want to make anything that involved me heading to the store. Lucky for me, I realized I had all of the ingredients for a Caprese something. I also had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge and pasta basics in the pantry. Bam - now we're in business. In the archives of my brain, I recalled this recipe from How Sweet Eats in my Google Reader. And that's how this was born:

IMG_1748

Yum.


Creamy Caprese Pasta

Ingredients:
1 pound of pasta (whatever you like! I used a mixture of bowtie and cavatappi since that's what I had, and the mixture looked interesting together)
1 1/2 cups of your favorite tomato pasta sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for garnish
shredded chicken (I used 1 rotisserie chicken)
4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
1 pint of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 bunch of fresh basil

IMG_1747


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.

While pasta is cooking, heat tomato sauce over low heat in a large saucepan. Once warm, stir in heavy cream and grated parmesan. Once pasta is done cooking, drain and dump into the sauce, mixing to coat and turning off heat. Fold in chicken, mozzarella cubes and tomatoes, then chop 3-4 fresh basil leaves and add them in too. Once combined, spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the entire pasta mixture into the dish. Top with fresh mozzarella rounds. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.

Top with additional fresh basil and grated cheese.

IMG_1757

Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from HowSweetEats.com

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy!! I'm going to have to save it for a perfect cold winter night...

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)