Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

John Legend and Sade Concert

I'm behind on the blogging, guys! I just realized I haven't posted any personal stuff in the last month - just recipes! But, hopefully everyone has enjoyed those, too.

Almost 2 weeks ago, John Legend and Sade came to Memphis. I saw a billboard for this concert soooooo long ago and KNEW I had to be there. I'm a huge John Legend fan. I will never grow tired of hearing his beautiful voice!! So, Keith worked his magic and we got tickets to sit in........Justin Timberlake's box at the FedEx Forum. Yup. Now, of course, JT wasn't there. But, it was super fun to sit in his awesome box. Keith's cousin is married to Justin's best friend's sister, so I do hope to meet Mr. Timberlake one day as a result of that little connection.

Anyway, my sister from another mister, Lauren, came to Memphis to spend the whole weekend with ME. Oh, and she loves John Legend, too.

IMG_1726

I was so glad to have one of my very favorite girls singing along with me!

IMG_1727

Lauren's husband, Lee, couldn't make the trip. But, we knew another John/Sade fan. Our friend, Jaycob came and kept Keith company.

IMG_1714

Love John. Love, love, love John.

IMG_1722

Oh, and he's sexy, too. He's got a sweet baby face with dimples. Mmm hmm.
I have no issues saying that in front of Keith, either. We talk openly about our top celebrity crushes!

IMG_1733

Ahh, then we enjoyed the sounds of Sade. Before the concert, I didn't know much about her music. So, I started to listen to her greatest hits a few weeks out. I am now addicted to her smooth, soulful tunes. She's been around forever and is pretty fantastic. Can you believe she's in her fifties? She looks amazing.

IMG_1730

Her stage set was also one of the best I've ever seen. It was also one of the most simple. Big screen, with a smooth, slick stage. Excellent use of lighting. Each song brought a totally different look. It kept things very interesting!

IMG_1734

Here we are, The Joneses! 

Thank you, Lauren, for spending some much-needed girl time with me! I loved cooking together, shopping, manicures and pedicures at The Nail Bar, catching up on every topic under the sun and just lots of relaxation! I love u!!


Oh, and John, we'll see you at the next show :)

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Miss V said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the recipe posts but also love seeing what you're up to as well! Happy Friday xo

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Ya I'm going to that concert on Wednesday here in Sacramento!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)