Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Houston & Valentine's Day

I'm such a slacker! It's been brought to my attention by family and friends that I'm not making very many life updates on the blog with all the recipes I've been posting! Good point, folks. I started this more as a way to document our lives, so I need to get better about capturing some of the things that happen outside of the kitchen, too! Don't worry, the recipes will still be coming to you frequently :)

A little over a week ago, we headed down to Houston, Texas for a wedding. It was a quick trip and full of wedding fun! One of Keith's best friends, Jay, married the lovely Merideth and Keith served as a groomsman.

We did get some time on Saturday to stroll around the Galleria and Highland Village. We took a quick walk through a glorified grocery store called Central Market. It was amazing! I had never been in a store like that and quickly realized what I was missing back at home (no offense, Kroger).

IMG_0341

The reception was held at Minute Maid park where the Astros play, as in a baseball stadium. Who would have thought there would be such a gorgeous space there for an event like this!? It was amazing.

IMG_0338

The bride and groom dance. The back of her dress had such pretty details!

IMG_0342

Keith and Jay! Buddies for life.
Way to rock that beard in a wedding, honey. I'm proud of your grizzly-man face.

IMG_0340

I love my hubs in a tux!


Oh, this reminds me. I had 2 dress snafus on this trip, and I only brought 2 with me!

Dress #1) Shampoo somehow leaked out of the ziplock bag in our suitcase onto the rehearsal dinner dress. Luckily it came out and was easily covered up by my sweater.

Dress #2) Just before the wedding, I slipped on my new dress from Macy's (bought on sale) only to find that there were now 3 holes down the side starting at the hip, and you could see my skin!! Ahh! Safety pins were NOT going to resolve that issue (I tried and I look like a bit of a hooker). I put my coat on, even though it was too warm for a coat, and wore it all through the ceremony. Keith was able to find a needle and black thread in a wedding day emergency kit and in the bathroom of the church while pictures were being taken, I took my dress off, turned it inside out, and did the worst quick sewing job on the planet. Hah! It worked though!


The Monday after our trip was Valentine's Day!

175167_754573022657_20602317_40610034_6994571_o

Keith delivered these flowers in person to me at work; what a great guy! They were beautiful and still are a week later!

As I mentioned in this post, we made dinner at home that night:

IMG_0356

I set the table using red and black things we already had. It was cute and fun!

IMG_0348

We exchanged a few little goodies, too! I got Keith a lovely gray sweater from Banana Republic and he gifted me with some awesome wine accessories (electric cork opener that is pretty slick and a wine tasting party kit!), and a delicious box of Dinstuhl's chocolates. What a great Valentine's Day!

Oh, and this past weekend, we went to another dressy fundraiser event and Keith wore his tux, and I got to put on a fun party dress. We're starting to feel pretty fancy-pants:

IMG_0378

It only took me 6 tries to get his real bow-tie tied right! Thanks to a YouTube video.

Ok, now, moms, do you feel caught up!? :)

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

B said...

I can't believe you came all the way to Houston without letting me know ;) Glad y'all had fun!

Shari said...

You two are adorable!

KatiePerk said...

Great pictures! And nice sewing work!

penny jones said...

Thank you so much for updating. I so enjoy seeing you and Keith loving each other and always being happy. It makes my heart smile. I pray for each of you daily, as well as for you to continue to have a blessed marriage. I love you both. Mom

Anonymous said...

You two are so cute!! Sounds like lots of lovey fun!! And gorgeous wedding site...

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)