Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Chicken Berry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese

One of the best salads I've ever eaten. I mean, GOOOOOOOD.

IMG_0376

Can you tell that I'm on a strawberry kick right now? 3rd recipe in a row!

I made this salad the other night, inspired by a Taste of Home recipe. It was fresh and fantastic. And the amazingly delicious goat cheese probably had a lot to do with it! Oh, and the fact that I used my favorite dressing in the whole world.

Chicken Berry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese

Ingredients (as much as you like below depending on how many you're serving):
  • Baby spinach
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Goat cheese crumbles
  • Toasted pecans
  • Chicken breasts or tenderloins (I used tenderloins for faster cooking)
  • Salt and Pepper

Honey Pecan Dressing:
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil 
First, make the salad dressing by blending all ingredients together and pouring in the vegetable oil to blend last. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet or on a grill pan. While those are going, prepare your salad by adding spinach, strawberries, raspberries and goat cheese to your plate(s). When the chicken is done, move to a cutting board to shred or cut into small pieces.
In the same skillet or grill pan, toss in a handful of pecan halves to toast. Don't skip this step, it makes them taste ten times better! Add pecans to salad and drizzle over with dressing. Enjoy!



IMG_0375

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Ashley @ The Sweet Life Studio said...

Oh this looks delicious - and you're a "dressing girl" like me...I can tell! = )

Colleen Sullivan said...

Yum, the strawberries look great in that salad. We have a giant thing of them in our fridge. I'm going to add this to our menu for this weekend!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Yum, looks delicious! I always get a salad exactly like this at Nordstrom Cafe, all the flavors are such a good combination!

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

It looks yummy. Today I had 2 free hours at work. No lie...using my Google Reader I skimmed through all of your blog posts and printed out a bunch of recipes I want to try. I actually made the Chocolate Ganache cake earlier this week. I have a FB page where I share recipes I have made from the Internet and would love to feature some of yours if you don't mind. I can send you the link if you want to check it out first.

Unknown said...

Running off to get the ingredients now! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)