Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Sauvignon Blanc

TGIF! I hope the weather will be beautiful where you live this weekend, too. I'm looking forward to relaxing with a glass of wine after work today, perhaps even on the patio!

wine fridays

Keith's sister is coming over for dinner and we're making this pasta. Can't wait! That brings me to this week's wine selection. It's a very good Sauvignon Blanc, which is a sweeter white wine. I gave a bottle of this to friend at work that is somewhat of a Sauvignon connoisseur, and he really liked it, so that says a lot!

RootSauvignon

Root: 1 - Sauvignon Blanc
Year: 2009
Origin: Casablanca Valley, Chile
Average price: $11
Wine Maker Notes: The long growing season of the Casablanca Valley allows for the Sauvignon Blanc grape to develop natural sugars that balance its characteristic acidity. Root: 1 Sauvignon Blanc is noted for its intense flavor and fresh citrus style and is an exceptionally versatile food wine that pairs perfectly with chicken Caesar salad, grilled fish, seafood and creamy pasta sauces.

PS- Can you tell yet that I only buy wines with attractive labels or design!? :)

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Two Dogs & A House said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks wine with a pretty label. I've loved every single bottles design so far. I'm not a huge wineo, but with bottles this pretty and names like cupcake...I'm starting a list of ones I must try! Thanks for the new hobby!

Colleen Sullivan said...

Mmmm I loove the label. Good pick!

Anonymous said...

I always choose by label :)

Shari said...

I too choose by the label. It's the best way to go. :)

Jocelyn said...

Haha, I'm the same way! Looks yummy -- enjoy your weeekend!!

Meredith Pettigrew said...

This is my favorite SB! I just discovered it and it is my new fav.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)