Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Housin-Glazed Shrimp Skewers

This was our favorite dinner of the week! It's an easy recipe for shrimp skewers with a side cucumber salad from Real Simple.

IMG_8445

Real Simple has a spread each month dedicated to '10 ideas for:_____' based on one basic, key ingredient. This recipe stood out to me. So, I circled it. Obvi.

IMG_8449

Start with 1 lb frozen raw, deveined medium to large shrimp, thawed

IMG_8436

You'll also need housin sauce and sesame seeds

IMG_8435

Turn your broiler on high, and position the rack up top

IMG_8438

Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and thread the shrimps onto skewers. I did regular length for dinner portions, and cut one in half for an appetizer size. Wrap the ends in aluminum foil.

IMG_8439

Baste with the housin sauce and broil 3 minutes each side (basting again in between).

IMG_8433

Meanwhile, make the cucumber salad. You'll need: 1 cucumber, 2 green onions, 1 Tbsp canola oil, 1 Tbsp rice vinegar and salt and pepper. You would definitely double this for a crowd.

IMG_8441

Thinly slice the cucumbers and green onions and toss all together.

IMG_8445

Sprinkle the skewers with sesame seeds before serving.

This was really fast for a dinner meal and it was the perfect amount for us. We loved it! This would be a fabulous appetizer and you would probably need to double the whole recipe for a large group.

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to make this! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)