For Halloween, Keith and I were...........drumroll.........
The Pillsbury Doughboy and Betty Crocker!!
Isn't it perfect for us!? Haha. Keith agreed to be anything I wanted him to be (brave guy). I thought this was perfect, given my love for cooking and his love for eating.
Making the costumes was a breeze. For Keith, I bought a painters coverall from Sherwin Williams ($7) and stuffed it with bubble paper once he had it on. We had to use a lot since he's a tall, slim guy! I found a chef's hat at a restaurant supply store, and used a strip of blue fabric for his scarf. There is a button maker at my office, so with the help of a co-worker, I printed the Pillsbury logo and made it into a button. Done!
For my outfit, it was even easier! I already had a 50s-style red shirt-dress. I added my strand of white pearls, big pearl earrings, bright red lipstick and got a new polka dot apron from Anthropologie (an excuse to add another one to my collection!). I also made a Betty logo button at work, too.
Even if Betty Crocker and Pillsbury are rival brands, they made a great couple at our party!
I'm also entering this is Entertain Exchange's Handmade Halloween Contest!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
How CUTE! This is the perfect outfit for y'all!
great costumes!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)