Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Halloween Inspiration!

I LOVE Halloween! Always have, always will. To me, it's one of the most fun holidays of the year. And since it falls on a weekend this year....

We're having a party!

INSPIRATION

This is my inspiration! I'm going with a sparkly, colorful theme with lots of pumpkins, spiders, bats and skulls. Once I evaluated what I already had, and what I wanted to make, this is the direction I settled on. I'm excited! 

Bright, glittery stuff is everywhere in the stores now, too. I've been picking up cheap whose-its and whats-its galore, and now have a great collection of stuff to deck the house out in! And lemme tell ya, it's like a Halloween workshop in our office/spare room. I've been craftin', glitterin', and preparing for a few weeks now. I'm pumped! Now I'm dreaming of the food and desserts (I'm doing a whole dessert buffet, mmmm sweet). 

Here's a breakdown of what's above from the top left:
Brownie Pops - Woman's Day
Witch Costume - Costume Craze
Spiderwebs - Attic Decorating
Light-up Spider - Hammacher Schlemmer
Green Glitter Pumpkin - Target
Silver Skull (center) - Horchow
Glitter Skeleton - Target
Glitter Candleabra -BuyCostumes.com
Halloween Treat Bag - TomKat Studio
Department 56 Cider Server - Amazon.com
Wilton Cookie Molds - (anywhere Wilton products are sold)
Spider Cupcakes - McCormick
Striped Tights - The Fancy Dress 

And wait til you see the costumes I've got planned for Mr Jones and me......

Yay for Halloween!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Miss V said...

I tried to convince my Mr. Jones of this great idea.. but alas with a party already planned for this weekend it was a no-go. ;( Oh well can't wait to see what you did and love all the glitter!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the Halloween glitter!! :) I've been telling my boyfriend that I want to be girly and sparkley, but he claims it's not a costume, haha!!

Can't wait to see the spook-taculor party!!

jenn from midlife modern said...

I am right there with you! I've decorated my pad with plenty of glittery accessories too--my favorite is the glitter skull you have posted here (I bought two of them--couldn't resist!) Can't wait to see how your party comes out; I'm having one this year too!

Courtney McShan said...

Hopefully we will be able to make it! I need to start thinking of costumes just in case! Suggestions are welcome.. :)

Kristin said...

I love Halloween too!! I am so making those purple cupcakes! so easy too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)