Long time, no blog! I've been busy, busy with work and traveling hear and there. It's been a great Spring, but I've definitely been absent from blogging. But, things are going well for the Mr and me!
It's Spring in Memphis, although it didn't feel like it this weekend. With every new season, I find myself itching to make something new, usually a wreath. Pinterest never fails to inspire. So, here's my latest creation! I whipped this up in about 20 minutes while watching the Grizzlies play on TV. Go Griz!
This was really easy to make! I happened to buy the burlap base pre-made from Michael's because it was on sale. Otherwise, it would be very easy to make using a wire frame and square pieces of burlap, tied in sections to make a bubble shape with each piece.
I ordered the chevron fabric from fabric.com and it came in a matter of a few days. I only used one yard and cut it into 3 wide strips. I used twine to secure the fabric to the base at each point where it gathers. I used safety pins to tuck the cut ends under the bubble of the next piece to hide it a bit.
I bought a white wooden letter from Michaels and hot glued a moss sheet to it. I snipped a few flowers off stems I already had to make a small cluster and glued that all down with hot glue. And, viola!!
Happy Spring to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
This is so cute!! I may have to try making one like this!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)