Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Strawberry Blondies

What happens when mom and I get together and have time on our hands?

IMG_0946

Dessert.
Dessert is what happens.
We can't help ourselves.

IMG_0954

She is as equally addicted to cookbooks, cooking magazines and recipes as I am, so we spent some time flipping through my collection and selecting something good to bake. We were both in the mood for something fruity and something in the 'bar' category. This Food Network Magazine recipe did not disappoint! Yum-o.

Strawberry Blondies

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp strawberry jam

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, pressing it into the corners and up the sides; leave an overhang on 2 sides. Butter the foil.

Put 4 Tbsp butter and the brown sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the vanilla. Let cool slightly, then stir in the lightly beaten egg.

In a separate container, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips and nuts and spread the batter in the pan. Note: this batter will be thick and gooey. Drop dallops of jam on top and swirl with a knife. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes on a rack, then lift the foil and transfer the blondies to the rack to cool completely. Remove the foil and cut into bars.

IMG_0955

Make these. You will soon be addicted.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)