Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Panini Party: December Supper Club

Keith and I have recently joined/help kick off a new Supper Club here in the Memphis area. I volunteered to host the second one and a Sunday night seemed like the best time for everyone. To keep things simple and easy, I decided to do a panini and soup party. I had never been to one but saw it as an idea in an old magazine. I was really hoping it would go over well and people would have fun making their own sandwiches, and I knew I would enjoy not cooking all day long!

Well, it was a big success and far exceeded my expectations. People love Paninis. The whole build-your-own thing was a lot of fun! Here are the pics!

IMG_6394

I set up the sandwich spread on my kitchen table and put two panini presses on the counter in the kitchen. Thanks, mom, for letting me borrow yours! Here's what was on the bar:

Bread:
Sourdough bread
Rosemary Olive bread

Spreads:
Artichoke Parmesan Pesto
Horseradish Sauce
Balsamic Onion Marmalade
Honey Mustard
Mayo
Barbecue Sauce
Balsamic Glaze

Meats:
Turkey
Roast Beef
Grilled Chicken
Bacon

Cheese:
Havarti
Gouda
Mozzarella
Brie
Goat
Cheddar

Toppings:
Spinach
Tomato
Red Onion
Sun-Dried Tomatoes 
Roasted Red Bell Peppers
Artichoke Hearts
Basil

I also served the sandwiches with either butter or herbed olive oil to spread on the bread before grilling. I also made my Chicken Tortilla Soup and my Tomato Soup. For dessert, there were these cupcakes, some chocolate chip cookies, and we had S'more supplies on hand for the fire in the backyard.


IMG_6395

I recently downloaded Photshop Elements as a free trial to see if I could teach myself a few things. I downloaded a free chalkboard background and a variety of free fonts and made these signs myself! We'll see what else I can figure out how to do...

IMG_6396

IMG_6397

To help folks get their creative juices flowing, I made a few template cards. This helped out and I think a lot of people made these paninis!

IMG_6399


If I had all of these ingredients this conveniently displayed, I would eat a panini every single day.

At the party, I chose to make a BBQ panini with turkey, gouda, bbq sauce, red onion, spinach and bacon. It was the bomb.com.

IMG_4415

Sarah and Jess having fun with some punch in their moose glasses! Yes, those are the ones from Christmas Vacation!

IMG_4418

Kristen, Sarah, Sarah and Kate

IMG_4419

There were so many folks at the house that I didn't catch a photo of. We had a full crowd! I loved it.

IMG_4422

We had our fire pit going in the backyard and just as I went to take my first bite of my perfectly prepared s'more, a gust of wind came through and my hair went straight into the marshmallow. Jessica, my friend that has had more calamities than anyone I know, was quick to provide a solution. Did you know ice gets sticky stuff out of your hair in a jiff? Pretty handy.

IMG_4426

Ashley and I enjoying a nice night outside by the fire.

I wish I had more pictures! It was such a fun night and I'm so glad so many folks came. If you're looking for a fun, easy holiday party idea, this is it! It would also be a great thing to do if you have family in town for the holidays!

13 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

This is such a great idea for a party! My sister-in-law suggested doing the same thing for our Christmas Eve party this year. Would you mind sharing your printables? They are such a great resource!

Sarah said...

Love this!!! If you ever need another couple to join your dinner club we would love to!

Katie said...

What did you serve the soup in? Im having a soup party and wanted matching dishes but was also trying to keep the cost low so was thinking of ,mason jars but also looking for other ideas. Thanks!

Lori said...

What a lovely party! I would also love to ask if you might share your printables? They just make it even more awesome. :)

acann said...

Hi there,

I love this idea and am hoping to pull this off for an upcoming party this weekend! Would you be willing to share your printables? They are adorable and would go perfectly with my party plans! Thanks for all that you share on your site! Love it!

:) Ashley

acann said...

sorry I should have left my email address...it is acann@troy30c.org...Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic idea! Are you willing to share your printables?

Team Bradam Member said...

Where did you get all your white serving platters and the condiment tray? So pretty! I would love to do this for our Superbowl party.

Anonymous said...

I would love to do this for my daughter''s rehearsal dinner. Are you willing to share your printables? My email address is boslm2@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Would you mind sharing your printables? My email address is mindyerick@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love this! Do you still have your printables- can I pay you for them? erinzmann@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello, what a great idea! Wondering if you had any helpful hints
This will be my first time using my Pani.grill. Also would you share your printables? Ladyj7191@msn.com

Unknown said...

Hello, what a great idea! Wondering if you had any helpful hints
This will be my first time using my Pani.grill. Also would you share your printables? Ladyj7191@msn.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)