Being that I also live in Memphis, I have a special place in my heart for precious sick children. We are the home of St Jude Children's Research Hospital, and families who are here for treatments have a place to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis. All families stay completely free of charge, and they do a great job of creating a "home-away-from-home" atmosphere and do lots of special activities for the parents, patients and siblings of those kids receiving treatment.
These are photos of actual kids staying at the House now (via RMH Facebook Page)
Combine the two and you have this awesome cookbook produced by Southern Living to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities. The books are available for only $10 at Dillard's department stores, and the proceeds benefit the House. That's a total steal, by the way, for a fabulous collection of recipes... and it ultimately goes to a very important cause. Isn't that what this season is all about anyway?
As a true connoisseur of SL recipes, I can vouch that this is a best of the best of their dishes. I plan to keep this within reach all year long because it's full of great recipes that are perfect for any season. Many of the items in here are recipes I've made before and posted about on the blog! Here is a sample of what you'll find:
From top left: Easy Asiago Rolls, Baked Goat Cheese Dip, Chai Eggnog Cookies, Easy Orange Rolls, Pancetta-wrapped Tenderloin, Praline-Pecan French Toast, Red Velvet Brownies, Peppermint Patty Frappes, Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake, Cranberry-Orange Tea Bread Muffins, Savory Blue Cheesecakes with Waldorf Salad, Maple Sweet Potato Cups...
Is your mouth watering yet? Thought so.
So, I'm giving one of these fabulous cookbooks away! All you have to do to enter is leave a comment telling me what your favorite dish is during the holidays. Is it a cookie, a breakfast dish on Christmas morning or a beverage that makes your spirit bright? I want to hear all about it! I'll take comments until Wednesday night and then I'll post the winner and put this book in the mail!
My favorite recipe is this Orange Pecan French Toast Casserole (excuse the old/terrible excuse for a photo, promise it's tasty). I've made it every year for Christmas morning breakfast since Keith and I got married.
I would encourage you to purchase a book or two at your local Dillard's to benefit your local Ronald McDonald House. This would be a great gift for your mom, mother-in-law, co-workers, and friends!
No matter where you live, I hope the spirit of the holidays will touch your heart to donate to Ronald McDonald House Charities as they do so much for families in great times of need.
Merry Christmas! Ready - Set - ENTER BELOW!










21 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I love the bran muffins my Mom makes for breakfast each morning! She makes a huge batch and then bakes 12 or so each day--so they are warm when we eat them!! They are DELICIOUS with a little butter but also healthy (without the butter of course)!!!!!
I love your Orange Pecan French Toast Casserole too...haven't had it since Jeni's brunch shower before she got married, but it sounds delicious right now! My favorite baked item this time of year is a toss up between Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins or Chocolate chip pumpkin bread. They are both too yummy to choose from!
nothing beats granny's biscuits and gravy!
Kendall,
Thank you so much for supporting Ronald McDonald House of Memphis by promoting the SL Cookbooks at Dillard's. I've already purchased by book of course so don't include me in the running, but I do have the say that the Chai Eggnog Cookies our on my "To Do List" for the Holidays and I can't wait to make them.
Thank you again Kendall for being such an amazing friend and also an amazing person for supporting our cause. You are beautiful inside and out. Love you!
P.S. If anyone would like to know more about Ronald McDonald House of Memphis and how you can get involved, email me at jessica@rmhc-memphis.org
Happy Holidays,
Jessica Corley
Manager of Corporate and Foundation Giving
Ronald McDonald House of Memphis
I love my mom's stuffed cabbage on Christmas Eve. Thank you so much for doing this. What a worthy cause.
I love Baked Ham and Scalloped Potatoes!
adb6{at}humboldt[dot}edu
I love making all kinds of cookies!!! This looks like an amazing cookbook!
Bought two of these books as gifts already, would love one of my own. What an great giveaway for a awesome cause. - Carmen
My favorite Christmas recipe is fruit salad with homemade orange ginger dressing. My mom makes it for Christmas morning breakfast. After all of the heavy holiday food it is light and refreshing.
My favorite dish is a creamy potato casserole I make for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. It's super easy and everyone loves it! Thanks for the giveaway!
I love egg nog of course, but also saltine toffee aka Christmas Crack!
My absolute favorite Christmas dish is the breakfast casserole (or "breakfast cass," as it's affectionately - and obvs - called in my house) that we have on Christmas morning. It's one of my family's long-standing Christmas traditions and I can't imagine Christmas without it!
Ina Garten's macaroni and cheese has become a tradition for us. We have made it during the holidays for my family in Dallas and my husband's family in Memphis, and they both now make it even when we aren't there! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mac-cheese-recipe/index.html
My mother-in-law makes this killer fruit pretzel salad pie every year for the holidays and it's definitely one of my favorites! It's got pretzels as the crust and it's layered with cream cheese, whip cream, jello, and fruit. Mmmm.. So yummy!
Greetings to you & Keith from Florida!
I have an almond croissant french toast recipe that is awesome, but my favorite holiday recipe I got from my mother Sue. It has the strangest name - Hanky Pankys - but we call them "mini pizzas." Lean hamburg, hot sausage, cheese and seasonings on cocktail rye. The best part is you can make them ahead, freeze them and simply pop in the oven for a few minutes whenever an impromptu gathering occurs!
I love those cookbooks! I try to buy one every year and use the recipes all throughout the year not just at Christmas time. My favorite Christmas dish is probably my mom's sausage, egg, and cheese casserole for breakfast on Christmas day.
Thanks for doing the giveaway and Merry Christmas to you and Keith!
I started making Nutella and Sea Salt fudge a few years ago, and it is now a staple Christmas goodie in my house! You would love it! Have a Merry Christmas!
Baked pecan pancakes are a favorite and I add either blueberries or dried cranberries to the mix and everyone loves it!
Merry Christmas!
i would have to say that my favorite Christmas meal is waffles with Honey Baked Ham in them. Growing up my grandma would only them on Christmas morning. So yummy. I try only to eat them on Christmas morning to remember the wonderful memories of spending Christmas at her house.
paloma.boykin {at} gmail.com
My mother made sausage balls every year for our class Christmas brunches at school. I still make them because it reminds me of being a kid at Christmas.
My mother made sausage balls every year for our class Christmas brunches at school. I still make them because it reminds me of being a kid at Christmas.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)